Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, those of you who cruise hilly country roads know how it is. For some unknown reason, some fools like to crest the hill in the middle of the road. Which is, of course, rather dangerous to oncoming traffic. So whenever I am coming up a hill, I get way over to the right- just in case.

Last night on the way home, driving a road I drive every day, I'm coming up the the hill around 35mph- way over to the right, as usual. I see two kids at the top of the hill, walking on the left side. They were not in the road, but were in the grass along side. Some chump headed towards me, but coming up the other side of the hill, saw them and overreacted, swerving WAY out of the way. So suddenly, at the top of the hill, I am treated to the sight of another car coming straight at me, in MY lane.

I hit the brakes hard, turned to the right some, and we missed each other. I came to a complete stop, and I didn't even have to put it in the ditch. Yea! My heart was racing, and I was really ticked off, but what can you do? Drive home and be thankful that no one got hurt.

But I hate safety freaks like that. Yes, give the kids some room, but don't swerve way out and endanger other people. I see this all the time with people passing bikes and joggers. You don't need to give them 20 feet of clearance by pulling into the oncoming traffic lane.

:3_plzdie:

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
yeah, plus in the country, there are those crazy hicks that pretend to be cops and take you home to their texas chainsaw massacre sons for chop shop.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yellowwasabi said:
yeah, plus in the country, there are those crazy hicks that pretend to be cops and take you home to their texas chainsaw massacre sons for chop shop.
Yeah. Once I saw some lost people asking some backroads directions from some country folk, and I thought, you know, that's how you wind up on a meat hook...

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Damn, God saved you, lol. Hope you'll not goin' to have any stories like this one.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I am right there with you man. I see idiots do that every day of the week. People around here love to do this:

Drive through town on a 2 or 4 lane road, there are cars parked on the side in PARKING SPOTS no where near being in the lanes of traffic. NORMAL people drive in their lane as they would if cars were not parked since they are no where near being in your lane. REDNECKS think it is safer to swerve into oncoming traffic to "avoid" these cars that are parked and again, are not in their late to start with.

I also have the pleasure of the same idiots driving over the crest of hills in the center of the road to "avoid" the invisible aliens, opposums, deer, cows or what ever they are imagining. We all know it is much safer to drive on the wrong side of the road on a blind crest than to chance hitting an invisible animal that may or may not be there.

As you can tell, I love rednecks. lol.

Mid_West said:
OK, those of you who cruise hilly country roads know how it is. For some unknown reason, some fools like to crest the hill in the middle of the road. Which is, of course, rather dangerous to oncoming traffic. So whenever I am coming up a hill, I get way over to the right- just in case.

Last night on the way home, driving a road I drive every day, I'm coming up the the hill around 35mph- way over to the right, as usual. I see two kids at the top of the hill, walking on the left side. They were not in the road, but were in the grass along side. Some chump headed towards me, but coming up the other side of the hill, saw them and overreacted, swerving WAY out of the way. So suddenly, at the top of the hill, I am treated to the sight of another car coming straight at me, in MY lane.

I hit the brakes hard, turned to the right some, and we missed each other. I came to a complete stop, and I didn't even have to put it in the ditch. Yea! My heart was racing, and I was really ticked off, but what can you do? Drive home and be thankful that no one got hurt.

But I hate safety freaks like that. Yes, give the kids some room, but don't swerve way out and endanger other people. I see this all the time with people passing bikes and joggers. You don't need to give them 20 feet of clearance by pulling into the oncoming traffic lane.

:3_plzdie:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Reminds me of Bike Week in Sturgis, SD. Many of the bikers like to hug the center line, playing a virtual game of "chicken" with oncoming traffic. I always think to myself..."gee...your 800 pound bike, or my two ton car - I wonder which will win if we collide?" :3_frusty: Mind you I'm a biker, but not fool enough to play games with oncoming trafic.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
My favorite is when "badasses" stand near the edge of the street and give you the "I dare you not to move out of my way" look. I always make a point to drive by as close as humanly possible without hitting them, 99% of the time it scares them and they jump out of the way. Then I laugh and wave at them.

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
^^ lol i do that to, when i see people cross the street, and stand in the middle lane blocking ppl from turning.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I sure do miss North Carolina, ever since I moved here in Montana i've gotten the usual "Where'd that chink get the money to buy that Ferrari". I respond to myself, "Working at Mcdonalds". And people here drive CRAZY in the mountains cause speed limit is 75.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not familiar with that particular stereotype. As a Midwestern Caucasian, the prevailing stereotype when I was growing up was that Asians are exceedingly smart and driven to succeed.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Couple things

We got this road that goes by the complex that's not terribly well lit, though it has ample room for pedestrians on the shoulder. But we have the young punks in the neighborhood who figure it's OK to walk or stand on the pavement, at night, wearing lots of black clothing, and then they give you a dirty look if you get too close to them. Big fun.

And you haven't really lived if you haven't approached the top of a hill on a 55 MPH two-laner at 2AM and suddenly see two sets of headlights coming right at you. Yup, some dimwit thought that the crest of a hill would be a good place to pass. This was years and years ago (I was in my CRX on my three-hour ride home from a banquet) and I'm still not sure how I missed that one, but I have a pretty good feeling that if I didn't, it wouldn't have ended happily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey at leats you ont live in tennessee... ill be driving the '70 mach 1 and people will do crazy shi---crap like that

and someone in franklin has a replica of the General Lee LOL!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Bilar Crais said:
I'm not familiar with that particular stereotype. As a Midwestern Caucasian, the prevailing stereotype when I was growing up was that Asians are exceedingly smart and driven to succeed.
Yeah that is one of the stereotypes and the other popular one is that we cant drive wortha *hit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts