Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day there was a big rain storm and my engine in my tC for flooded and locked and the engine wont even turn, im hoping my insurance Comapny will call it a totaled car.

In saying that i am looking into a Tiburon v6 gt.

I love my tC to death its just i also like the Tibby, does any one has expirence with both and can compare for me.

THanks

Denny

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
i dont have experience with a tc....but i can tell you that a tib is faster.....(the v6 one)....

·
Registered
543 Posts
Denny2217 said:
The other day there was a big rain storm and my engine in my tC for flooded and locked and the engine wont even turn, im hoping my insurance Comapny will call it a totaled car.

In saying that i am looking into a Tiburon v6 gt.

I love my tC to death its just i also like the Tibby, does any one has expirence with both and can compare for me.

THanks

Denny
I don't have any experience in driving a tC, but I have raced a couple. Get the Tib. ;)

·
Registered
972 Posts
my friend has a tC.. i wouldnt trade my car for it... hell i wouldnt even buy one.. tibby is way better.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Rampid said:
they wont total it fyi my friend completely totalled her front end of her saab and theyre repairing it and that was like 12k worth of damage.
The reason for that is because it's a Saab. 12K worth of repairs is cheaper for them than totaling it out for 20K or more. I'd say you have a pretty good chance of having that tC totaled.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
my buddy has a modded TC and i have a modded GT v6 tib, we traded cars for a day, so i will share my experience

first impressions was that there was more room inside the TC, however the seat i wasnt a fan of since it was cloth and mine is leather, and it didnt feel near as sporty as my tib, the handling just didnt seem as responsive as my car is. there is alot more room in the TC than the tib, and being 6'3 thats definatly a +, and his car was a bit easier to get in and out of. now for prefromance, it really wasnt even close my tib > his TC in everything, turning was where the tib really stood out against his TC, he had alot of body roll and flex in the frame of the car, it didnt seem as sure footed. we raced a few times when we had our own cars and i beat him by 1 car to 80 and i went from first to third back to second in my auto because well i was new to shiftronic and just screwed it up, so i would have had him by probably 3 cars atleast if i didnt mess up the shifting.

overall, the tc is a bit more practical of a car, but if you want a fun car go with the tib v6

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
guys thanks so much for the info, i thought i would be hated coming into a Tiburon forum! hahah

thanks very much bakerking lots of good info.

im just wondering bc when i posted in the scion forum evey one said that our cars beat urs and in tthis one u all say u beat mine. i would just like to know for real, stock vs. stock.

i would hate to go to a slower car.

o yeah, how is it on gas the v6 some ppl say it really sucks?!?!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Denny2217 said:
guys thanks so much for the info, i thought i would be hated coming into a Tiburon forum! hahah

im just wondering bc when i posted in the scion forum evey one said that our cars beat urs and in tthis one u all say u beat mine. i would just like to know for real, stock vs. stock.

Well, 4 cyl. Tib vs. 4 cyl TC, the TC is faster. But step into the V6 and it's a different story. I think the TC comes a little better equipped with more standard features than the base 4 cyl. Tiburon. The TC will also hold its value a little better, and I honestly think you'll get better long term quality than with a Hyundai. I'm not bashing Tibs, I've owned 2 of them, but being a Toyota tech, I don't see that many TC's in the shop for anything other than regular maintenence and neglect from stupid owners.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Denny2217 said:

i only get about 20mpg, but i drive hard alot.

and ya the 4cyl vs 4cyl the TC is faster, but the v6 tib is faster, if you dont believe us, look up the et's online, its close, but the tib is faster, and the tib responds better to mods, i have another buddy that had (until he total'd it by drivin off a cliff) a sc'd TC, and to be honest, with IHE and a Tune i would have been right next to him in a race, he would probably have beat me a little, but for a SC car it was not very impressive.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Denny2217 said:
cool thanks for a different perspective just one question, why dont you own a toyota haha !!!
jus did some research for ya, its hard to find a company that has a 1/4 time for both of our cars, but heres one i found that tested both our cars

TC 15.9 @ 87mph

Tiburon 15.4 @ 91 mph

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Denny2217 said:
cool thanks for a different perspective just one question, why dont you own a toyota haha !!!
I don't own a Toyota because they want too damn much for 'em. I love working on them, because it's easy money, but I don't know if I'd ever shell out the money they want for their vehicles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks so much!!

This is now getting really difficult to choose from, now ppl are telling me to look at mazda 3. i dont like them that much the 6's are nice not the threes.

man a tibby ot tC not an easy choice?>!?!?!?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Denny2217 said:

I just had this discussion in the racing forum a few days ago. You can read through the thread if you want. It basically turned into a discussion about how much faster the Tib is than the tC. Some people posted up numbers, stock-to-stock.

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87324

·
Registered
276 Posts
just get the tibby you wont regret it.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts