Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im interested in knowing what to fix scratches with... can i just go buy the touch up paint from the dealer and use it on the scratches?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
i wouldnt
that looks awefull, somehow it always ends up looking like it is laying on top of the origenal paint , almost like a little weld
what you do is run your thumb over the scratch as if you were making a T, if your nail doesnt get cought in the scratch take it to a detailer and they can buff it out for you.
if the scratch is deeper then that it really sucks ,but you can use it as an excuse for a twotone paintjob

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i run it the length of the scratch and the height of the scratch with my nail?.. and what would it do by buffing it out?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
michaud_time said:
buffing it out means that you would run down the clearcoat in the surrounding area to match that of the lowest part of the scratch.

what he said
it will basicaly "take the scratch out" by smoothing everything around it up
you might be able to do it yerself with a buffer and some turtle wax or nu-finish or turbowax , whatever you prefer but it should definatly be no problem to a detailer

·
Registered
434 Posts
Question I have some paint chipped off under my door how much will it cost to fix that and on my bumper.. thinknig of bringing it to the hyundai but I hope its not that bad of price

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
your main problem is that everything is clear coated wich means they cant "tuch up" the little area but need to redo the entire panel i.e. the whole door or the entire bumper

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i took it to the place where i bought my car... and they said that they can fix it... but their service dept. is closed for holidays and such... so i have to wait to see how much it would cost and what not... hopefully not that much though.. cuz its not real bad.. some paint chipped off in a couple spots though.. nothing real big

·
Registered
434 Posts
ill take pics .. no clue how it happen bought it like that im at work will take pics after

·
Registered
356 Posts
try this:
1. 2000 grid sandpaper
2. touch up paint
3. polishing wax

first touch up the scratch, let it harden, use the sandpaper to smoothen out. once its smooth use the polish to get the shine out again. that's all they will do at the shop. might as well save the money, or at least try to before giving your car to them.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
yo bought it like that? this is why ppl need to go over there car before they leave the lot with it.. my new 06 had like 5 dents on the passenger door when i bought it.. i would not sign the papers until they agreed the fix it, and they did.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts