Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Si i have a 2003 tiburón gt v6 and whenever I brake or accelerate the car begins to get a screeching noise coming from the gas tank. At first I thought this was the brakes or emergency brake from somewhere, but I got under the car, moved it up and down and found out that the car itself doesn’t make any noise from the suspension/brake system, it’s from either in front or inside the gas tank. Any clues on what it may be?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked and it’s not the wheels. I got under the car and rocked it back and forth and can the tank making the noise, I got a video but I don’t know how to post it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so since my account is new it doesn't let me attach links, so I'll go ahead and just send useless messages so I can get 5 posted comments so it lets me add the link for the video.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And here is the link to the video, as you can hear it sounds like it's metal on metal of some sort. I can't take my gas tank down as this car is currently used as my daily, but the noise is so irritating that I sometimes blast my music so I don't hear it. I'm also afraid that if it is from inside the gas tank that it will eventually create some sort of spark and ignite the gas tank:(
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h2c6bOBZ8UokNcEfXYdCzCGgp-q4J-Aw/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know for sure the bolts for the straps are on tight, I was under the car checking to see if the gas tank was loose while i rocked it back and forth and the tank is on tight. I will try and check to see if the exhaust is rubbing somewhere onto the tank.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update on the exhausted, it clears by over a couple inches and doesn’t touch the tank anywhere, I was going to try to get the straps loosened but bolts are covered by a link which I have not yet identified. The noise seems to be getting louder and I don’t have any clue why it may be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts