Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read a lot more on my tuning subject and have the next idea. what if i install a second fuel rail and:
-let the stock ecu control stock injectors with clamped stock map;
-control secondary rail of wrx injectors depending on the external map sensor by prs.

where to get the secondary fuel rail assy and the fuel t-lines... anyone? dmdicks? i think earlier i saw you 're making such things? can you get to know the price or how can i do such thing?

· Registered
692 Posts
i think that adheil still has a manifold forsale that has injector bungs in it, so you can run the stock setup with the ecu and have the 2nd rail underneath it. Just throw him a PM.

Here is how i would link the 2 rails together:
Convert to stainless fuel line. Pick up two 1G DSM Fuel rail adapters from FuelInjectorClinic.com

-6AN stainless lines with all -6An fittings and a -6AN T-fitting to link the rail 2gether

Then just one stainless line to the main feed line bye the fire wall. link them 2gether with
http://www.holley.com/991002ERL.asp
for the end of the hard line out of the firewall side
and one of these
http://www.holley.com/981606ERL.asp
to go into the one above which comes off the hard line

If i visualized that right.. thats all what you would need..

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i didn't mess much with the fuel, so i don't understand much. as i understand those adapters fit our rail fuel inlet ? i use those adapters, than -6an stainless line and on the end, the -6 an to 1/4 adapter... then what , i didn't understand clearly..

· Registered
348 Posts
i think that adheil still has a manifold forsale that has injector bungs in it, so you can run the stock setup with the ecu and have the 2nd rail underneath it. Just throw him a PM.

Here is how i would link the 2 rails together:
Convert to stainless fuel line. Pick up two 1G DSM Fuel rail adapters from FuelInjectorClinic.com

-6AN stainless lines with all -6An fittings and a -6AN T-fitting to link the rail 2gether

Then just one stainless line to the main feed line bye the fire wall. link them 2gether with
http://www.holley.com/991002ERL.asp
for the end of the hard line out of the firewall side
and one of these
http://www.holley.com/981606ERL.asp
to go into the one above which comes off the hard line

If i visualized that right.. thats all what you would need..
The hard line that comes from the firewall is not an NPT fitting. It's metric. I have -6AN
fittings from the firewall to my fuel rail. It's been a while since I did it but I think this is the
adapter you would need to join onto the hard line. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=EAR-9919DFHERL&N=700+115&autoview=sku

As far as the second fuel rail goes, I think if you use the one Andrew was selling you will loose
your A/C compressor. You may be able to put a spacer on it if you're lucky. I would go with the
one that dmdicks is using. The secondary injectors are on top of the manifold, just behind the
primaries. It doesn't interfere with the A/C compressor then. I think the adapter is about $350.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a prs2 . if i'm going for secondary rail, than i'll use it for secondaries and left the stock injectors for stock ecu..

· Registered
692 Posts
sorry about the delay i have been busy with the build... What i had mentioned above wont work.. The fuel line from the firewall is a flared fitting.. im still looking for a solution to covert to a stainless setup without any leaks or probs.. tomorrow il be running around to find some fittings that would make it work.. Also i found out that the fuel rail fitting from the 1G DSM wont fit. i was so pissed to find out that it wouldnt work.. the bolts dont line up... when i find a solution ill let you know..

BTW i have stock injectors if you need some.. 30xxx miles on them

· Registered
348 Posts
sorry about the delay i have been busy with the build... What i had mentioned above wont work.. The fuel line from the firewall is a flared fitting.. im still looking for a solution to covert to a stainless setup without any leaks or probs.. tomorrow il be running around to find some fittings that would make it work.. Also i found out that the fuel rail fitting from the 1G DSM wont fit. i was so pissed to find out that it wouldnt work.. the bolts dont line up... when i find a solution ill let you know..
There is a solution, as I mentioned above I have already done this. Here is the fitting you need to be able to join the stock fuel line at the firewall to an AN line. It's called a saginaw fitting.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnse...94839052+4294849620+4294906726+115+4294901856

NextGen sells the AN adapters that bolt onto the end of the fuel rail for about $25 I think. That's
where I got mine. After that you just need hose and normal AN fittings to finish the job.

· Former CIO
17,730 Posts
There is a solution, as I mentioned above I have already done this. Here is the fitting you need to be able to join the stock fuel line at the firewall to an AN line. It's called a saginaw fitting.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnse...94839052+4294849620+4294906726+115+4294901856

NextGen sells the AN adapters that bolt onto the end of the fuel rail for about $25 I think. That's
where I got mine. After that you just need hose and normal AN fittings to finish the job.
http://www.fuelinjectorclinic.com/ supplies NGM w/ the 6an fitting and is obviously less expensive so if you want it, go there, or i have one for sale that i never used due to selling my car.

http://www.fuelinjectorclinic.com/cart/fuel_rail_adapters.htm

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
guys, you have a much wider choice and assortment of wares then me. please, if you can, compile a total list of what i'll need to buy. i'd be much grateful..

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i may not be right, but i do think that the pressure won't drop if i add another rail to the stock pump and fpr?
even if the second rail could possibly drain some pressure from the first, i'll be compensating it, cause it 'll work only after boost. if there are some weak spots in my logic, correct me .

Falcon it would be very nice, but preferrably if less stores would be involved, it would be better...ideally buy everything in one place...

· Registered
692 Posts
i can gather all the parts here and then ship them all to you.. if you cant get everything over there..

You wont need the saginaw fitting because you can use the stock one.. what i did is grinded off the clamp on the rubber hose on the stock fitting. Just the outer shell.. dont cut all the way through. i ill take some pics and post it up... after you get the rubber hose off.. there is a barb fitting underneath it, then you just double clamp the stainless lines on it, and then put your an fittings on the other end...

· Registered
348 Posts
i can gather all the parts here and then ship them all to you.. if you cant get everything over there..

You wont need the saginaw fitting because you can use the stock one.. what i did is grinded off the clamp on the rubber hose on the stock fitting. Just the outer shell.. dont cut all the way through. i ill take some pics and post it up... after you get the rubber hose off.. there is a barb fitting underneath it, then you just double clamp the stainless lines on it, and then put your an fittings on the other end...
Clamping a stainless braided line onto a barb with 50psi of fuel running through it is a fool's
errand. Don't risk your car and your life over an $8 fitting. It's not worth it. Do it right the first
time and know it's safe. If you want stainless braided lines, use the fittings designed for them,
if you want to clamp your lines, stick to the stock rubber lines.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah,i'd try to avoid the clamping of braided lines. sounds no good. Falcon that would be nice. if you would give me a list , i'd be grateful.. with a saginaw fitting. i want to do it one time and right. fuel lines is something that should be bulletproof..

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
that would be very nice. btw, forgot to add in your build topic. if i had another chance, i would preferrably point the compressor outlet up and then route down the charge piping where the coolant tank is , i have a downpipe in less than cm near the charge piping . hopefully they aren't much heat exchanging. the charge piping is usually cold as ice ...

· Registered
445 Posts
This is my 2nd fuel rail setup on my 06' I4. Using a 1" spacer & custom fuel rail.

Cheers,
Jsar

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.