Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to "secure" the rearview mirror, so it doesn't vibrate/shake/rattle so much when the bass hits? I've eliminated just about everything in my car that rattles or makes that annoying "buzzing" sound, but I don't know what to do with the rearview mirror. It's kind of annoying not being able to use it because it vibrates so much, thus making the cars in it all blur together, but my main concern is the annoying-*** rattle. The rattle stops if I grab the mirror and hold it still, so I just need something that will do that job for me. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Unless you tighten down every single screw and bolt on the rearview mirror, prob not. Then even if that is done, it still might not solve it. Its just the fact the rearview mirror attaches to a small surface area on the windshield. So that's one thing your prob gonna have to live with.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I figured there probably wasn't any way to properly fix it. I was just wondering if anyone had ghetto-rigged a way.

·
Registered
673 Posts
i run spl competion and the only thing i have found was to either take it off of fill all of the holes it has with foam. With mine i took the mirror out of the casing, put dynamat behind it and filled up the few small holes with expanding foam. that may work fine for you, but for me it is not just the mirror i have issues with...it is the window moving too!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Easy solution, rip the mirror off the windshield. There is a little metal piece on the inside that is loose and rattles like crazy, I'm not even sure what it does, but it appears completely worthless. Remove the little metal piece and put your mirror back in the bracket on the windshield and you are good to go.

I had the same exact problem and it was driving me insane a few months ago. I even went out and bought a new mirror, but as soon as I pulled the stock mirror off I saw that was what was causing the problem. Pulled the metal piece out and put the mirror back up and no more annoying rattle!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I may have to try and take it off and see if that little piece of metal is there. If I push on the plastic where it meets with tthe windshiel, it will quit, other than a few more little noises I have to search out, I am not to rattled!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
99% certain that it is that little metal piece, I can't even figure out why it is in there. It drove me insane for about 6 months, I even took it to the dealer and they couldn't figure it out. I couldn't take it any more and one day I took action and found out that tiny little worthless metal piece was the cause of all the rattling and frustration...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll look into the little metal thing. How do I get the mirror off the windshield, though? Is it just taped up there or something, and I just pull really hard on it?

As for windows rattling... My windows only rattle when they're rolled up, and the only time I have my music loud enough to rattle them is when they are down. So I don't have that problem, luckily. Just the damn mirror.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Pull down on the mirror towards the windshield, it should be able to come off with a little bit of force.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
If you are talking about putting the rearview back on, it slips out of its spot, it is held in with a metal ring. Just pull down towards the bottom of the windshiel towards the dash, and you will see what I mean when you have it off!

As far as the little metal piece, I didn't see anything I could remove, I had the spring ring, and a screw with a washer type piece that holds the mirrors to the arm. Need more info. on what you removed!

·
Registered
792 Posts
DarkKiller said:
You could be just like me and have no rear view mirror :) my light bar gets in the way

as you can see

hmm... hope it works for you, atleast... for me, i can't live without my rearview

1 - 15 of 15 Posts