Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
For my amp, I installed it on the back of the seat, which would obviously require a permanent modification; but my sub enclosure is a different story. I simply went to Walmart, got some Velcro strips in the crafts section, stuck the grippy side on to the enclosure and bam; no more sliding. It sticks to the carpet in the trunk really well, easily removable, and only cost about 3 bux.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I did the velcro thing for my amp and the sub box lol it's so big and heavy it hasn't moved at all.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
my amp is attached to my sub box.. and my sub box is heavy... hasnt moved around one bit...

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
i screwed my amp to the back of my subbox .
then i went and screwed 2 chains in my subbox , one on each side and hooked them up to the luggage tiedowns by the backseat.
i made sure these chains were the correct lengths so that when the back seat is in place it pushes the subs tight on its chains.
if i need to take the subs out i just fold the backseat down ,slide the subs forward and unhook the chains.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I would not recommend installing the amp to the enclosure. For one, its extremely easy for a thief to not only take your sub, but your amp too; ha ha, and the vibrations are generally not good for the amp's internal circuitry (not really dangerous, just a precaution you know?).

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So just a whole bunch of industrial strength velcro should hold it? The box itself weighs probably 40ish pounds and the subs about 10-15 a piece so the whoel things like 60ish pounds or so, but I think the way I tend to take turns it'll still slide. So guess i'll make a trip to Home Depot and try out some velcro. One other question how did you guys hide the wires going to the amp in the trunk without placing the amp like towards the back of the trunk. I want to have my amp sitting infront of my subs but I can't figure out how I can run the power and ground wires to the amp without them showing and looking nasty. If anyone has some pics that would be great.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
i would run the wires underneath the carpet/sparecover and then just drill a little hole where the amp goes ,you gotta dril holes anyway to put the screws in , might as wel do the same for the wiring

1 - 10 of 10 Posts