Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking at getting the Seibon TS hood to replace my stock hood as the paint is pretty badly worn (crappy hyundai paint job).

I was just wondering though, since a have a SRI, is there a possibility that my car would hyro-lock if i'm driving in heavy rain due to the position of the vents in the hood? I would think that it should be alright, but I dont want to buy it and find out later that i just sentenced my engine to its death /engine

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
yeah its probably not gonna happen.. but if youre really that worried about it, ive heard of some guys making some kinda gaurds that keep the water away from the filter.
but you probably have nothing to worry about. thats just being overly cautious.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Hi newb,

No chance it would hydrolock, ever.

Great choice in hood by the way. Love mine.

·
Registered
456 Posts
i've always wondered about this also. what about the electronics? would it hurt them? wires/plugs/ect? thanks for info and nice hood choice!

·
Registered
922 Posts
I dont think you have to worry about anything but the SRI for water, I could be wrong, but when people powerwash their engines they only cover up the intake right? so everything electrical should be fine...but im not 100%

·
Nick-Yes, I have boost!
3,317 Posts
i've always wondered about this also. what about the electronics? would it hurt them? wires/plugs/ect? thanks for info and nice hood choice!
Everything in your enginebay, stock, is designed to withstand the elements. However if you install things yourself, be sure to solder all of the connections and wrap all of the wires in protective black plastic looming.

Since driving through a few winters with my Seibon TS, i've noticed that the salt dust and crap gets all inside my engine compartment, but i've not run into any problems.
I dont think you have to worry about anything but the SRI for water, I could be wrong, but when people powerwash their engines they only cover up the intake right? so everything electrical should be fine...but im not 100%
You're right.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Everything in your enginebay, stock, is designed to withstand the elements.
exactly. ive sprayed down my engine quite a few times on all my cars to clean it up. if you feel really paranoid about the electrical components, cover them up with some electrical or duct tape so that water can somewhat repel off of then if in fact water does seem to seep through.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I could be wrong but I think the SRI would have to be almost completely submerged to hydro lock.
Thats any intake. People need to look this up, thinking they get a drop of water on it and it will hydro lock.

You need a lot of water to hydro lock a car. Just think about it, damn people think everything will hydro lock a car, its getting old :3_devil_w

1 - 12 of 12 Posts