Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just got them they look great and are awsome quality but havent installed them yet havent had time. does any know if there are any install problems other than normal things on the ssa?? is there any real difference in the performance. the s should reduce any back pressure on the rear but is it really worth the money i payed.any one else running these??

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
really no one has these??
Well you have to give people time to reply. Some people like me are at work. A couple hours isn't enough time for replies. I believe C-Shark has SFR headers.

Edit: I just read your first post yes there is a difference in hp from what I have read. Not a large number but a difference the numbers that are posted on their site are tested on 3 inch pipping. If you really have questions ask KDMguy himself in the SFR section of the forum.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
well you have to give people time to reply. Some people like me are at work. A couple hours isn't enough time for replies. I believe c-shark has sfr headers.
+1

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
hey guys i just got them they look great and are awsome quality but havent installed them yet havent had time. does any know if there are any install problems other than normal things on the ssa?? is there any real difference in the performance. the s should reduce any back pressure on the rear but is it really worth the money i payed.any one else running these??
I knew of former members that had SFR headers. Pipe is not just pipe in all cases.
You're going to love them. The install sucks to do, but well worth it!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my bad im at work and waiting to get off so i can start the install kind of really want to get them in the have been hear almost a week no and just havent had time

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
my bad im at work and waiting to get off so i can start the install kind of really want to get them in the have been hear almost a week no and just havent had time
hehe no worries. it's exciting to get new toys and just want to get the most info and get em on.... but you can't cause you're at work, lol. Modding is a fun and expensive "bug" to catch.

Enjoy! :lowrider:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I feel your pain man. My headers have been here for 3 days and I haven't installed them yet. Honestly don't know when they will get on the car. But oh well.

SFR headers are probably the most superior designed headers currently sold for the V6 Tibs. If you believe the advertised gains, then you could get an extra 10whp from the SFR headers vs. SSA. I would be interested to know if that's really possible.

I'm only expecting a 5whp-8whp gain from my SSA's.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I've got the SFR headers as well but haven't found a chunk of time that larger to install them. I know that they will be well worth the trouble and money as I hear from C-Shark. Mine have been here for about two weeks and it sucks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
as far as performance mods not much just cai, ssa cat back, fidenza flywheel, ngm iv upper and lower, now the headers to be installed soon and a 70mm bbt coming next week.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
as far as performance mods not much just cai, ssa cat back, fidenza flywheel, ngm iv upper and lower, now the headers to be installed soon and a 70mm bbt coming next week.
right on. I highly recommend a Throttle Body spacer w/ thermal gaskets. One of the true bolt on mods you can feel instantly. Brings the torque up (not that the V6 Tib's are lacking torque) and horsepower up.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so are there any install problems with these headers or they go in about the same as say the ssa headers??? after its installed and i get a chance to dino i will post the out come to compare with sim mods. maybe we can get a good idea if these are really worth it

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well so far i ran into to lttle things all o2 sensors need to be exstended like at least 3-6 inches and i will need to cut and reweld b/c the flange from the y and the ssa catback are off by like 45 degrees

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Yep, I have the SFR Type C headers on my Tib...they are well made and offer some great performance gains. I had my local shop do the install on mine - however they did not have to cut the flange on the exhaust or the headers - 45 degrees sounds like too much of a difference to be correct. Be sure you have this part installed correctly - If it is flipped over - nothing will match up.

And, yes...you do need to extend the 02 sensors. I am running the SFR race cat and had the spacers installed in the 02 sensors to avoid a CEL - however I ended up getting one with the spacers. We removed them and light has not come back on since then.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
as far as the 45 deg its only the mounting flang between the race cat and the cat back i tryed every way its just off

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm sure you'll be happy. I wish I had them instead of my SSA's. I've considered having the pipe cut and reworked - wouldn't be too hard, it's only the small section near the collectors anyway.

It'll be worth the wait, I'm sure.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
if you contact kdm guy i think he will sell just the collector and it should mount up to the ssa hearders them self

1 - 19 of 19 Posts