Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Slortchus Maximus Non-Adminus
7,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my story with my Tiburon goes something like this.....

I was still in high school...was just at the end of my sophomore career and was searching through the local newspaper looking for a car I wanted. I searched and searched and came to see a Tiburon that had V6 written under the picture that was put in the paper...... So eventually I talked my mom and dad into going to see the car and we finally headed down to the local Hyundai dealer to go take a test drive... the tib I test drove was an automatic v6 and it was red....I was absolutely floored when I took it out onto the highway the car had great power and a very nice sounding engine...after the drive we went back to the dealer and tried to make a deal on a silver one (color I wanted) and it didn't happen that day....a few months pass and finally on labor day of 2002 we went to round rock, Texas and got a silver Tiburon V6 automatic, leather, and sunroof for 20k out the door...... I was as giddy as a school girl.

When I first got the car home... I didn't have any intentions on modding period. The car had the sexiest bodylines and was just absolutely a dream come true for me.... but the mod bug bit and it wasn't the nice one either...... the car started out with APC (carbon fiber look) tails.... vinyl all over the windows.... I had done what a majority of high school kids do to their cars when they first get them...rice them out..... and oh yea can't forget all the Neons that used to be in the car. But that started to change as time progressed, first performance mod I did was an AEM intake, than came a borla cat back, and a nick Boer’s under drive pulley which is now on mistad254's supercharged tib, Tein springs, Eibach shocks and the RRM strut bars. After owning my tib for 2 years my tib gets dented and scratched in a parking lot, didn't see who or what did it because I was inside a grocery store at the time.

I came out to see how trashed the car got and almost damn near cried. After about a year me and my dad found a body shop who offered to fix the car at a decent price especially the work I asked for him to fill in and shave the rear hatch.

My tib finally got fixed right before the first Texas tib meet I had attended on July 23rd of 2005, was a great experience for me because I didn't know anyone who owned a tib, only tiburon_balla and acarzt on Newtiburon.com. That was the day I met a lot of tib owners from around Texas. Just to name a few steffstib, romeo007, sorensilk, and UnHolyTib. After that day I came to realize that I needed more performance than looks on the tib. SO as the story goes on I became friends with quite a few people off nt.com, UnHolyTib being the main person who has helped me greatly and has also been a tremendous friend to me I thank you for that Wyatt!

After having an influence in where I wanted to take my car...I finally fell upon the for sale thread by erratic assassin from Dallas, he was selling his s/c setup and I had the exact amount to buy it he was asking 1100. So next day we meet up in Waco, I hand him the money and we make the deal. I was finally happy I started doing things that had true form and function to the car. The reason a lot of people has seen the blue in the engine is basically UnHolyTib's magic touch.

The one main reason I wanted to supercharge my tib was because of seeing steffstib's Tiburon and seeing UnHolyTib’s Tiburon in person and actually getting to ride in UnHolyTib’s car...I almost put in speed holes in his dash!. After experiencing the thrill of having a roots blower on my car I just couldn't stop, the car started out at stage 0, than surely enough I got it intercooled, than came the ceramic coated SSA headers, than after a few months went up to a 6.5lower pulley and got an safc2 put in for tuning purposes. I absolutely love what can be done to the Tiburon’s especially after experiencing installation and ownership of a supercharger, really surprises people when they see an mp62 sitting on the manifold of a small 2.7 liter coke bottle. I thank the people who have become friends with me through the site and that I have met in person!

I am proud to own a HYUNDAI!!!!​

Congrats tibboy2003!!!

And once again from our awesome site sponser Turbo Wax, I? will receive:

1) 4oz Turbo Wax Paint Protection
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Pre Wax Cleanser
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Tire Gel
1) 4oz Turbo Wax 3 Amigos
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Last Minute Detailer
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Car Shampoo
1) Applicator

Disclaimer : Article was written and editted by tibboy2003. Any thing that makes your eyes bleed is not the responsibility of Newtiburon.com and its affiliates.

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
nice silver... congrats man..

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
congrats, im out....
Chase

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
Great job on the car man.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
tibboy2003 said:
thank you all for the kind words;) I'm happy that my car is gracing the front page of nt.com as cotm
Nice car bro, clean looking hatch....I want your S/C!! lol

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Pure love especially under the hood.
Damn that is sweet.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.