Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I need some help! I just bought an 06 tiburon gs not gt with 230k miles on it, it has a new timing belt, new clutch, short throw, new breaks and callipers, good wiring, new head gasket, new injectors, new calipers and breaks, new alternator, new spark plugs and a new starter, also a custom exhaust, intake and tint all around. Only For 3K, so do you think it would last me a while I don’t want start out with a 230k tiburon but it drives and is in the condition of a new car? Do you think it’s worth the 3K and could it get me to 300k miles if I do the regular oil and keep up on other regular matinence and should I put money into it for mods?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hey I need some help! I just bought an 06 tiburon gs not gt with 230k miles on it, it has a new timing belt, new clutch, short throw, new breaks and callipers, good wiring, new head gasket, new injectors, new calipers and breaks, new alternator, new spark plugs and a new starter, also a custom exhaust, intake and tint all around. Only For 3K, so do you think it would last me a while I don’t want start out with a 230k tiburon but it drives and is in the condition of a new car? Do you think it’s worth the 3K and could it get me to 300k miles if I do the regular oil and keep up on other regular matinence and should I put money into it for mods?
you are 15 years late. last reply to this thread was in 2005.
but if everything you mentioned new is really new, and installed properly. I wouldn't see a reason why it won't last another 100K if you don't abuse it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
you are 15 years late. last reply to this thread was in 2005.
but if everything you mentioned new is really new, and installed properly. I wouldn't see a reason why it won't last another 100K if you don't abuse it.
Yeah I noticed I was a bit late hahah, but I had a little buyers remorse but I think it’s a pretty sick car and I got it for a nice deal with everything it came with also got it for 2500! Thanks for the responce!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just in case anyone looks at this thread now that I’ve seen it brought back up, I bought my 08 V6 a year ago with 187000km for 3k, I’m now at 210000 and have not had a single issue, just done the regular maintenance and upkeep

·
Registered
9 Posts
Were it me I wouldn't start modifying it. HP gains stress old trannies and clutches, electrical mods can cause all sorts of headaches. A high mileage car is best off box stock so if it needs some troubleshooting it's a known quantity to the mechanic.
I have one with 132,000 (engine has about 62,000) and the thing drives tight and smooth as a new car. With care you could easily reach 300, unless you start drag racing the poor old girl. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
purchased 12/12/2002 and still running...about 150k miles on her....

my wifes 2007 has about 180k on it and does well. She has a wheel speed sensor that glitches, but the loves her car.

·
Administrator
8,901 Posts
We bought my wife's 2004 GT about 7 years ago.....has over 200K miles on it now, was 170K miles when bought....
Basic maintenance, tires, brakes, struts, couple brake calipers, oil changes, etc.....minor fixes along the way...
Doing routine stuff and washing.....should last....

21 - 28 of 28 Posts