Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've pretty much decided that I want to boost my I4 Tiburon. And I'm basically set on getting the Alpine Stage 1 Intercooled Kit. But really, what can I expect with this setup and what else am I going to need? I mean, I know that I need a new exhaust, but which one really? I've been told that the ARK N2 Dual will do the job and I'm thinking of getting one, but is this really gonna work with the turbo or is it going to significantly hinder performace? How about my clutch? I'm sure I'll have to replace it but with all this nonsense about Stages, I don't know which one I'll need. Do I need a cold air intake too? What about forged internals? What I'm basically getting at is what does one need to do get his Tiburon boosted and boosted properly. What's this deal about "too cold for boost" or winter affecting turbos? Also, what boost can I run the turbo on with stock internals? Finally, since its on the most basic level, if I were to get the Alpine Stage 1 I/C kit and run it at 12-15psi, ARK N2 Dual exhaust, and upgraded clutch, what kind of numbers will I be putting down (like can I even hope to keep up with a new Mustang GT)?

Lots of questions, sorry. Thanks for the help though.

·
Registered
551 Posts
You are goin to need gauges ie,EGT,Boost/Vac gauge,wideband o2 and any other misc gauge you may want.As far as exhaust,go custom.You can have it done to your specs and cost wayyy less.Clutch,go for a stage 3.They can handle 300hp+.CAI come with the alpine kits.No need to go forged internals unless you really want to turn the boost up,17psi+.That kit should come with the head spacer right? If so,that will drop your CR to 8.1-1 and let you boost a little higher safely. Also,with the head spacer,you will need 2 head gaskets as well.I live on the Eastern Shore of Md and im boosted.Do I care about winter? No.Cooler air is better than hot stank air lol.It all depends on how cold you are talking.APE is running 26 psi of boost on stock internals! Do I rec that high,NO.They are professionals and have mad tuning abilities.If I can remember right,Alpine was putting down 228whp with that kit.Im not too sure that you will be able to hang with the new Rustang GT though.Maybe that will help you a little bit

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
1. any 2.5" exhaust will be good to go
2. i'd say go with stage 3, not racing which is puck-style...
3. you'll need 2 oem gaskets, i'd take some gauges as boost, egt and oil press...
4. i'd sure take a bov, cause that' the sound:3_a_puh: of which i dreamed.
So I've pretty much decided that I want to boost my I4 Tiburon. And I'm basically set on getting the Alpine Stage 1 Intercooled Kit. But really, what can I expect with this setup and what else am I going to need? I mean, I know that I need a new exhaust, but which one really? I've been told that the ARK N2 Dual will do the job and I'm thinking of getting one, but is this really gonna work with the turbo or is it going to significantly hinder performace? How about my clutch? I'm sure I'll have to replace it but with all this nonsense about Stages, I don't know which one I'll need. Do I need a cold air intake too? What about forged internals? What I'm basically getting at is what does one need to do get his Tiburon boosted and boosted properly. What's this deal about "too cold for boost" or winter affecting turbos? Also, what boost can I run the turbo on with stock internals? Finally, since its on the most basic level, if I were to get the Alpine Stage 1 I/C kit and run it at 12-15psi, ARK N2 Dual exhaust, and upgraded clutch, what kind of numbers will I be putting down (like can I even hope to keep up with a new Mustang GT)?

Lots of questions, sorry. Thanks for the help though.

·
Banned
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm, well I'm pretty sure that I am not capable of installing the turbo kit myself but what about this custom exhaust of yours. I mean did you just tell the guy to make the most efficient exhaust possible and just hope it turned out to sound/work well? Or did you tell him 2.5" piping and tailor the sound?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts