Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, recently some idiot crashed into my tibby :( and i need to repair the headlights and a few other things! the headlights on ebay were 410! and on sfr they are 380 i really need to save the money, plus i wanna keep modding my tibby! soo if any of you have any insight on how good is SFR through KDMSTUFF.COM well let me know please, i wanna get my tibby out ASAP! Thanx in advance!

·
Registered
957 Posts
SFR shipped me my stuff quick, i only ordered 2 tuscani emblems though. i have heard rumours that they aren't so reliable on their big orders and their customer service is terrible, but for smaller orders i know they are great!

·
Registered
905 Posts
SFR is good just the shipping of parts can suck. Headlights especially just inspect them thoroughly and if there is damage to them Jay from SFR will ship out another one. Had this happen once but it was quickly resolved.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I don't know where Puerto Rico is but I'm in eastern Canada and i ordered stuff from them once and it took like 2 month to get here... So if you need your car A.S.A.P. I'd go with someone else, maybe find some second hand in the For Sale sub forum.
-Marc

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
um nop not good...i had ordered a front lip from him, the next day he says he shipped it out and to mal
ke a long story short on the 42 day he tells me he couldnt send them because of the wierd shape and that i had to pay more shipping to PR when it said it was free shipping all i know is i wont be doing any buisness with them

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
um nop not good...i had ordered a front lip from him, the next day he says he shipped it out and to mal
ke a long story short on the 42 day he tells me he couldnt send them because of the wierd shape and that i had to pay more shipping to PR when it said it was free shipping all i know is i wont be doing any buisness with them
Dont scare me... I gave in into the F/L headlights and got some yesterday... Got an email maybe 6ish hours or so after paying that it shipped... Ive had a good history with them so far though, but I've never done a big order yet.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I got my angel eyes headlights from sharkrcing.com and it took a month or so to get here but still for the cost I got brand new headlights and angel eyes for 400 or something. Can't remember now. If you have to get new headlights anyways, go with them and get angel eyes at the same time. They wire them up for you.

·
Registered
951 Posts
There is both good and bad feedback with SFR. I just have you know I ordered my F/L headlights from them and received them in 19 days, shipped to Australia. So I was pretty thrilled with their service.

I think the best way to deal with them is by giving them an email asking all the important questions first (I do this all the time since I am from Australia, so much more can go wrong).

Usually I greet them, tell them I am interested in their quality products and then follow up with dot point questions like:
- Do you still have these items in stock?
- Are you able to ship them to (country, state, city) without issue?
- Can you provide an estimate on time and shipping?
- And any other concerning questions I have in mind regarding the product or their policies.

I tend to ask these questions even if most are already answered in their website because its very possible situations change and the website does not get updated. I then end the email in thanks and tell them I'm keen to do business.

What you could really gain from doing this is observe how long it takes to get a reply and analyze the quality of their answer. In addition I feel once they attempt to answer your question your chances of a successful order is more established. Finally, if you are not happy with their response or time then you can avoid risky business.

I advise this when it comes to smaller businesses like these mate. I hope this helps, good luck!

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Dont scare me... I gave in into the F/L headlights and got some yesterday... Got an email maybe 6ish hours or so after paying that it shipped... Ive had a good history with them so far though, but I've never done a big order yet.
lol just be careful when dealing with him..he lost my buisness because he lied to me and wanted to scam me but i have had past experiences that were all good..i have been ordering items from them since 07 its just the last order he messed up bad and tried to cover it up and made himself look like a big liar ...i mean i understand why it takes so long and things happen but lies arent acceptable in my books

·
Registered
139 Posts
In my experience dont order anything big without paying extra for shipping or you might regret ordering from them. Import Shark is very good with everything that I have ordered. Good luck with whatever you decide to go with

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
In my experience dont order anything big without paying extra for shipping or you might regret ordering from them. Import Shark is very good with everything that I have ordered. Good luck with whatever you decide to go with
Now see, when I got my current headlights from them it took like 3 months to get them since the CEO or something had to go personally get them and ship them to me after nothing happened for like a month. I was like wtf.. Am I that special? :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I order many things from SFR, head lights, tail lights, tusicani emblems and never had a problem..and I am in the UK, just make sure u pay via paypal incase things go wrong

·
Registered
133 Posts
hey, recently some idiot crashed into my tibby :( and i need to repair the headlights and a few other things! the headlights on ebay were 410! and on sfr they are 380 i really need to save the money, plus i wanna keep modding my tibby! soo if any of you have any insight on how good is SFR through KDMSTUFF.COM well let me know please, i wanna get my tibby out ASAP! Thanx in advance!
I have ordered 5-6 times from SFR and always received my items. Shipping time is a bit long due the distance and can take something like 7-21 days. Bigger packets (headlights are fairly large packets) take more time usually.

I havent ordered headlight from SFR so I got no idea about that product.

Everything else I've ordered has been good except headers that were rubbish quality. It leaked through the sealings because it was cut uneven and the weldings were broken. That was annoying because it wasnt even the cheapest header SFR was selling. But I managed to fix it myself.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have ordered quite a few things from Jay including the headers and cat and I have zero complaints. Most ppl always complain and say where are my items? Well you gotta think the stuff ships from overseas, so yea it is going to take a while.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
So. Today, I got this:

After it being shipped on:

5 day FREE shipping from Korea? O yes. Im one freaking happy camper. :)

Just thought id share, didn't mean to bump an old thread lol.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Congratulations mate, I am glad everything went well :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
5 day FREE shipping from Korea? O yes. Im one freaking happy camper. :)

Just thought id share, didn't mean to bump an old thread lol.
I also had an experience like this! Ordered the 4-2-1 headers and he gave me free EMS shipping and I got them in less than 2 weeks! SFR can be good sometimes!

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
I ordered my FL tails from them last year and got them super quick as well. So far my experience with SFR is good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts