Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From a long discussion from this thread
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90485

We have concluded that exported Tiburons have different exhaust manifold set up compared to Korean version.
So we have just released a complete set of header+downpipe+ optional race cat package with 2 of o2 sensor bunge for your emission law.

Here are some pictures I snapped today:

we will also post dyno graph with our CAI+our performance header/downpipe+exhaust resulting 193whp which makes around 215-220hp at crank resulting 50-60 hp gain from your stock 2.7 V6 and it will have more gains for forced inducted 2.7 V6 vehicles.
Price will be updated shortly and post on our store in 24hours.
We are also working on 2.7 NA package stage 1 and 2.

Any comments are welcome!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Looks nice! Priced around the SSA price tag? hehe So now that you're starting to develope more for the v6, any chance of turbo coming?

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
wow,

that's beautifull

no offense though, but $850 for headers is STEEP!

i got my dcsports for half of that...

maybe it's the shipping....

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
wow,

that's beautifull

no offense though, but $850 for headers is STEEP!

i got my dcsports for half of that...

maybe it's the shipping....

No offense taken. $850 is a reasonable price since the older design header set was the same price, and you get the 2xbetter result performance wise.
I am not trying to say DC headers are bad, but you get what you pay for.
You will be suprised to see the details and quality once you see it in person.
Please do not compare our products to other brands which tend to crack and break easily and of course the different highflow downpipe design.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
No offense taken. $850 is a reasonable price since the older design header set was the same price, and you get the 2xbetter result performance wise.
I am not trying to say DC headers are bad, but you get what you pay for.
You will be suprised to see the details and quality once you see it in person.
Please do not compare our products to other brands which tend to crack and break easily and of course the different highflow downpipe design.
havent heard of any dcsports headers cracking or breaking so far

i do admit that you have a superior down pipe design

make a turbo manifold/downpipe for the V6!

there STILL hasnt been even 1 company to make one of those except for NGM's stealth kit.

I would love to see an aftermermarket manifold/downpipe on the market so that IF my Dc headers do crack once i go custom turbo, i can just get it premade :)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
33% increase in HP from simply CAI/Headers/Exhaust.... that would be impressive if NT members actually see those gains.

I always wondered exactly why there weren't any headers of this design... figured because the un-equal length would result in lower performance than Hotshots. We'll see how they compare performance-wise once there is some testing done. Of course the SSA's aren't equal length (like these SFR's), but their selling point was price. Many people, including myself, saw them as a worthwhile tradeoff between price/performance compared to Hotshots. I'm not sure what justifies these as being $850... nothing apparent on first glance.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Two questions:

Does 'Optional Race Cat' mean that is a separate item we have to purchase?

How does this connect to aftermarket cat-back systems, for example, my Injen. That last pipe just ends with no flange to bolt up to my system.

And it's a damn good thing I didn't go through with that order we discussed over email...

·
Banned
2,706 Posts
193whp just from I/H/E seems a bit high, but who knows maybe their dynos read a bit higher than most of ours. Usually with i/h/e we see 170-185whp.

From my understanding manuals have around a 15% drivetrain loss (which is close to the number they posted), while autos are closer to 20-25%. Just use that to figure crank hp.

Btw those headers look awesome, but yeah it i a bit pricey.

·
Banned
2,706 Posts
havent heard of any dcsports headers cracking or breaking so far

i do admit that you have a superior down pipe design

make a turbo manifold/downpipe for the V6!

there STILL hasnt been even 1 company to make one of those except for NGM's stealth kit.

I would love to see an aftermermarket manifold/downpipe on the market so that IF my Dc headers do crack once i go custom turbo, i can just get it premade :)
Thats because no other company makes a turbo for the v6 lol

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Didn't RIPP claim similar numbers with their headers? Maybe the change in direction of the lower portion of the header really makes a huge difference. RIPP headers were supposed to be miracle headers that produced crazy HP. Once the dyno sheets are up and a few people get these we can see how important that change in the bend makes. Looks promising!

·
Banned
2,706 Posts
Didn't RIPP claim similar numbers with their headers? Maybe the change in direction of the lower portion of the header really makes a huge difference. RIPP headers were supposed to be miracle headers that produced crazy HP. Once the dyno sheets are up and a few people get these we can see how important that change in the bend makes. Looks promising!
yeahhhhhh....Im not gonna touch this subject lol....Too bad their forum is gone, we could see all the old discussions about that one....

btw I agree that some headers flow better than others, but not going to produce crazy amounts of power more.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.