Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally happened, Wife on the way home from work last week in the shark, driving down HWY 347 to Maricopa (middle of the desert nowhere and unlighted) in traffic, 2 coyotes come out from the middle of the 2 lane highway right into the front of the car! the first one embedded itself into the front airdam area taking out the lower radiator support, bending the radiator on the driver side back about 12" and angle about 20 degrees, took out the front bumper, hood etc. The other one put its paws on the hood, roof, sunroof spoiler and embedded in the truck behind her! 3100 dollars in damage. Car ran fine (don't see how the radiator never leaked) no pulling etc. In the shop getting fixed. Kinda funny, we took the bra off and the front end fell apart. Will post the pictures tonight when I get home. With the bra on, its doesn't look too bad!

We later found the coyotes holding service on the side of the road! :3_confuse

·
Registered
78 Posts
dpdurst said:
Well it finally happened, Wife on the way home from work last week in the shark, driving down HWY 347 to Maricopa (middle of the desert nowhere and unlighted) in traffic, 2 coyotes come out from the middle of the 2 lane highway right into the front of the car! the first one embedded itself into the front airdam area taking out the lower radiator support, bending the radiator on the driver side back about 12" and angle about 20 degrees, took out the front bumper, hood etc. The other one put its paws on the hood, roof, sunroof spoiler and embedded in the truck behind her! 3100 dollars in damage. Car ran fine (don't see how the radiator never leaked) no pulling etc. In the shop getting fixed. Kinda funny, we took the bra off and the front end fell apart. Will post the pictures tonight when I get home. With the bra on, its doesn't look too bad!

We later found the coyotes holding service on the side of the road! :3_confuse
Soory to hear. On nice thing about AZ is the wide open space, and the critters; at elast until then run in front of your car. They are very family and pact oriented. No wonder they came to say their good byes and grieve.

Sorry to hear about it. Even though the yotes passed, I am glad to hear you are both okay.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zona said:
Soory to hear. On nice thing about AZ is the wide open space, and the critters; at elast until then run in front of your car. They are very family and pact oriented. No wonder they came to say their good byes and grieve.

Sorry to hear about it. Even though the yotes passed, I am glad to hear you are both okay.
Thanks, yea the only thing that sucks is I have to carpool with the wifey, so that means no 6am to 130pm shift I have to work like 7am to 4pm or 7am to 5pm! except for weds when I get to work from home! :3_winkthu

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Geez, I'm glad to hear you're not hurt. Animals are pretty dangerous. It's also weird to hear that your radiator didn't leak. :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
a friend of mine was in NJ going to the airforce base and he was the Shark and 2 other cars Civic, Sentra.... They were pulling chunks of meat out of the undercarriage...
The pic's were disgusting

IS THAT CONSIDERED A HAT TRICK?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts