Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OEM clutch completely fried at 22K and have pics to prove it...Installed a new SPEC STG 2 and Fidanza FW. The car was not completely disengaging so I brought it back to the custom shop...They said it was fine and that it was just breaking in...that's why the clutch was catching AT the floor with just a little let-up of pressure from my foot...I knew they were wrong so I took it to Hyundai, the guy said they ****ed up and most likely forgot the "TO Bearing Spacer" and that's why it was catching so low. To correct this...Hyundai moved the Master Cyl rod to increase the pressure on the TO Bearing...

13K later........

Clutch is still grabbing fine, but all of a sudden, 2nd and 3rd gear started to make this whining sound that grew louder and higher pitched as the RPMs climbed. This increasingly became louder and began happening in 1st gear...NOW...All of a sudden it is SOOO freaking loud through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd that i feel like my car is gonna blow...THere are other strange rattles too...in low RPMs, no matter what gear...the car sounds like a diesel...

Anyone have any ideas? I have to bring it to the dealer...I don't even know if I can make it to one with the car running...I just can't afford anymore multi-thousand dollar tranny work on this new POS korean money pit...I would love to just trade it for an 05...Mine is an 03 5spd BTW....

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
1,154 Posts
If you bring it to the dealership they won't warranty any work, so you'll have to pay for everything. However, if they do find that something the custom shop did specifically caused the damage, you could probably get the shop to pay the dealership for any repairs. Or, if it's a good shop, they'll have a warranty for their own work. Find out if they warranty their labor and if so, how long is the warranty?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Unless you there is some way to prove that it was caused by the shop then your gona have to pay. After 13K miles they can just say that its your fault due to how you might have been driving it ect. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
As soon as they see the aftermarket clutch and flywheel, they're gonna hold their hand out expecting some $$$ from you.

Seriously, from your description........ sounds like the tranny may be shot. You'd come out cheaper find one at a junkyard and having it put in. The dealer is going to rape you.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
That diesel sound is your flywheel chattering as well as it could be your throw out bearing. Mine sounds that that when is idling unless i have my clutch depressed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts