Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nebody kno wat kinds of shift knobs will fit a 6spd short throw? everything i find sez that theyll fit 6spd shifters....but then sez excludes 6spd with pull up reverse mechanism!! help me out

·
Registered
256 Posts
I don't know. . . I even got the one from soulfulracing thinking it would but it still doesn't. . .you can't screw it all the way down or it won't pull up. Sorry! I'd like to know the answer too if anyone knows!

·
Registered
360 Posts
i second.. err.. third the motion for the nissan shift knob. The guys at the dealership were surprised that I was putting it on a tib.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Yup, I got the Maxima knob before christmas and I FRICKEN LUV IT! It looks great, fits the hand way better, just all around is better. Also, gotta say it was FREE lol, now that makes it ten fold better.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Does the Maxima shift knob work with a GT 5-spd Tib? What year Maximas will fit?

·
Registered
887 Posts
The nissan would probably work with the 5spd, but won't look as 'correct'. Your gears are mapped differently than our's are. Hence, the 1-6 +R on top of the knob will look out of place. Plus it'll confuse the hell out of anyone else that drives it and doesn't know its only a 5, lol. Rock solid knob though, I love it

·
Registered
33 Posts
sparco has them. i have a sparco on my 5 spd but it has the area for the plastic to go inside so you can hit reverse. i will check it on my frineds 6spd this weekend to double check my self.

you can see here that it has the place for the plastic.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Will this Maxima knob fit right onto an 05 GT 5-speed? My car doesn't have the lifter reverse so I'd just like to know before I buy one. I can't seem to find any quality replacements for the stock knob. Any suggestions? I don't want a universal knob either, they suck. Thanks!

·
Banned
181 Posts
Had to take the STS off of my 07 because of the clearance issue. Am I reading this correctly in thinking the maxima knob will eliminate the issue with the reverse lock out not working?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Had to take the STS off of my 07 because of the clearance issue. Am I reading this correctly in thinking the maxima knob will eliminate the issue with the reverse lock out not working?
From what I've read in the Nissan shift knob thread, it fits as though it was made for the Tibs ... so the answer to your question is a "Yes ... so long as it's the same as the 03-06's"

·
Banned
181 Posts
The shifter itself is the same as the 03-06... Just new metal..lol I'll have to pick one up to see if it solved the problem. My current issue has to due with the shift know going so low bunching the boot up to high keeping the RLO up all the time. I would think this in addition to a "custom" boot should help.

Thanks again-

·
Registered
495 Posts
I don't know. . . I even got the one from soulfulracing thinking it would but it still doesn't. . .you can't screw it all the way down or it won't pull up. Sorry! I'd like to know the answer too if anyone knows!
Which shift knob did you order? I wanted to get the Type A, but if it won't fit, I guess I could live with my B&M shift knob.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts