Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why is it that when i am driving along in fourth gear(shifting mode that is) and ill be at say 2500 rpms, but when i push it over to automatic, it will drop down a few hundred rpms to 2200?
keep in mind, i do not move the petal at all.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
could be that the ECU is switching to closed loop. im not 100% sure.

EDIT
oh and way to be helpful Yellowwasabi.... dude guess what... not everyone has a manual car... GTFO if youre just gonna be a jerk cuz he asked a legitimate question.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could be that the ECU is switching to closed loop. im not 100% sure.

EDIT
oh and way to be helpful Yellowwasabi.... dude guess what... not everyone has a manual car... GTFO if youre just gonna be a jerk cuz he asked a legitimate question.
thanks for your helpful reply. i appreciate your help.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
yeah well i try when i can. and i think this site would be a lot better if people would limit the dumb comments like that outta the legitimate threads.. (not that im saying this site is bad)

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
It does this because the shiftronic is more of a performance mode, where you can have more control over your car, and no shiftronic doesnt suck, you get better torque in shiftronic than you do in normal driving. our autos are nearly a half a secon to a ful second slower on average in normal driving thn they are in shift mode.

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
are you guys kidding me? So quick to get butt hurt thinking someone is making fun of you for having an automatic?

Have you every used your shiftronic before?

I HAD an automatic. That **** doesn't shift quickly, smoothly, OR when you tell it to when you get on it.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
are you guys kidding me? So quick to get butt hurt thinking someone is making fun of you for having an automatic?

I HAD an automatic. That **** doesn't shift quickly, smoothly, OR when you tell it to when you get on it.

okay dude.. im not butt hurt.. just telling you that if you have nothing to contribute... dont comment..

yes i have used my shiftronic... its gotten me outta a few sticky situations before, and if i had not have had it i would have a totalled tib at least 2X now..

i know its not quick to shift... thats not the point of shiftronic... its not a race car.. its so you have control over what gear your in..

there are ways to make shiftronic better.. perhaps hyundai should have just bought the system that ferrari uses for their paddle shifters.. oh wait.. thats expensive.. and i dont think hyundai really put that much effort into that perticular region because for the most part people dont use it.. my mom has a 4 banger subaru and shes never touched it.. thats probably what the majority does. and hyundai sells to what the majority of people want.. and the mod enthusiasts arent the majority.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts

maby yours wasnt working right, because our ecus learn, and by me driving in shiftronic all the time, its learned my shift points, both aggressive and normal, and it shifts just fine, and the autos are much better for boost.

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
mine always up-shifted before I was ready (or told it) to shift.

I'm sure that was a common complaint from everyone last time I heard.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
mine always up-shifted before I was ready (or told it) to shift.

I'm sure that was a common complaint from everyone last time I heard.
yea thats because you let it rev up to the factory safe point, but if you take the time to learn how to drive it, it has its advantages. like i said I drive mine in shift mode all the time, i never drive in regular D, and it has had plenty of advantages. Ive even given plenty of manuals good fights.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I have always used shiftronic while driving. I think it shifts a lot easier.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
because its an automatic and real men drive stick?

;) sorry, just had to say it! lol

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
its got the control of a manual with the leisure of an auto... comeon yellowwasabi... youre in atlanta... you should know that manuals suck to drive here! worst traffic in the country FTL!!! haha

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
its got the control of a manual with the leisure of an auto... comeon yellowwasabi... youre in atlanta... you should know that manuals suck to drive here! worst traffic in the country FTL!!! haha
ever been to chicago ? drive up and down Cicero at rush hour.....now thats traffic

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
once again, i appreciate those of you who helped me with my question.

what yal have said makes sense.

thank you

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi All,
while we're on the subject, is it normal for the shiftronic cycletime from 1/2 to be slower than 2/3 and 3/4? My '08GT only has 3500 miles so I'm still getting a feel for her and I'm driving some in both modes. The first shift seems sluggish while 2/3 and 3/4 are crisper. In auto, all the shifts are slow, so I use 'manual' when there's an audience.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
ever been to chicago ? drive up and down Cicero at rush hour.....now thats traffic

haha yeah ive been to chicago... have you been to atlanta? its full of one way streets with a very confusing layout.. even having lived here for all but 3 years of my life i still get lost from time to time due to the bassackwards roads.. lol

got this from forbes.. worst cities for traffic.

1. Los Angeles, Long Beach, Santa Ana, Calif.
2. San Francisco, Oakland, Calif.
3. Washington, D.C.
4. Atlanta
5. Houston
6. Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, Tex.
7. Chicago.
8. Detroit
9. Riverside, San Bernardino, Calif.
9. Orlando, Fla.
11. San Jose, Calif.
12. San Diego
either way, i dont wanna be in any of those cities in a manual... lol

·
I
1,319 Posts
I'm going to throw out a blind guess that it's because it's new and your ECU hasn't "learned" your driving style yet. Try driving in manual for a pretty long period of time (a week solid or so) and see if that helps. Be sure to shift at the same RPM though.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts