Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:3_nooo:Ok so I just installed drop zone lowering springs (2 inch drop) and I hear a popping noise it happens when I lay into the brakes a little bit then I stop but when I go to take off the front end rises and then I hear the annoying pop!! Im just curious as to what this may be! maybe the springs are still getting broke in I'm not sure they have even settled all the way!! well alright if anybody has exrperienced similar problems or might know why its doing this let me know please!!! alright guys thanks once again!!! :3_winkthu

·
Registered
514 Posts
When I lowered my Jetta I had this issue, except it was when I turned...Yea it was a a pry bar I left lodged somewhere in the front suspension.

·
Registered
735 Posts
You may not have seated your springs properly in the struts. There is a channel in the strut that the bottom coil of the spring sits in. When you pulled the stock springs off, I think they has a rubber piece in the bottom of the strut, maybe not, but the bottom coil of the new spring has a rubber tube around it. This rubbered part of the spring sits in the channel of the strut.

It's most likely you didn't seat the spring properly and that is what is making the popping noise.

I have had DZ springs on my Tib since mid-summer and there are no problems at all.

·
Registered
419 Posts
yeah, just make sure the spring seat is correct, also make sure the bearing plate(on top of strut assembly) isnt in a bind either....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh ok I see you also have drop zone springs Im guessing you've had them longer than I have. Do you see anylong term problems with them!! oh yeah thanks for the input everybody keeps telling me to check to see if its seated correctly......ok so to be seated correctly the bottom part of the spring has to fit into the that rubber peice that has the outline of the spring? is this right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts