Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wanting to know which short ram intake would be the best one to get for Tiburon? I want to get the most power of whatever i buy, so I want it to be the best. Anyone tried Injen or K&N or AEM?

·
Administrator
8,782 Posts
In my opinion, whatever little gains you may get from ANY short ram intake is likely lost since it's pulling hot air from under the hood.
Hot air is less dense, power is made from "air" & fuel. Less dense air means the ECU will provide less fuel.
Less air & fuel, less power.

Unless, you want to provide some ducting to channel cooler air to a confined area where the short ram will suck it up.

Yes, a short ram may make some more "noise" at high throttle settings.

Keep in mind, noise does NOT = power.>:D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Like I said before, an intake by itself - you won't notice anything but more noise and slightly better throttle response.

You will need more mods if you expect even a small gain.

·
Registered
102 Posts
And if you are going to get a short ram intake, I have an Injen and I would recommend it. The Injen one puts the filter right by the driver's side headlight, so it is better than right next to the engine (as far as air temperature is concerned). But like everyone else has said, you are not going to notice much, if any, gains from just the air intake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts