Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a few days ago i installed my 6spd short shifter from the guy on here selling them, and everything seemed to be fine except my stripping the threads on my stock knobs (lol)

and so now ive been sick for hte past couple days, and i know the short shifter is going to take a little while to get used to properly, but it seems like something isnt right, is there anyway that i could have f'ed something up following the DIY to the T with no apparent issues? or am i just THAT sick? lol

·
Registered
83 Posts
What STS do you have?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159309

i got that shifter, and as far as symptoms go, the closest thing i can think of to describe it is its kinda how it sounds/feels when your not all the way off the clutch, when ur like 3/4 of the way off, and you can feel both the tranny and the clutch both spinning? if that makes any sense?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i double checked when i put it back together but i can check again, as far as i can tell theres nothing else to mis-connect other than the 4 bolts and the u-clip thing...right?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine does the same thing, But you get use to it just check the c-clips and make sure they are sittin on the bushing tight. Mine comes loose all the time and I have to take it apart every 2 months or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts