Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!! I was thinking a lot about purchasing a 2006 manual SE...but then I started reading reviews and am now reconsidering. There seems to be a lot of people who had tons of problems with the tib...however it seems like all the negative reviews were for the 03 and 04 models. Anyone have any info on the 06?

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
your gonna have problems with any car. theres alot of hyundai haters out there. but hyundai has made great improvements over the last decade. i say go for it ;)

·
Registered
898 Posts
The 03's were mostly clutch problems. I believe they revised this, so i don't think you have to worry about that. Remember, if you take good care of the car, and not abuse the car, it'll take good care of you. If you treat it like sh!t, it'll treat you like sh!t. I say go for it :) The tib really is a nice car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well, the tiburon seems like a great looking ride, and in terms of fuel economy, go with the 4 cyl, and in terms of performance, the v6 seems capable.

But the real questions are:
1) What other cars have you looked into/ are considering?
2) What are your modivating factors? Handling, Cost of the car, fuel economy, value, resale value, dependability, performance, safety, what are you looking for?

Those two questions will go a long way in deciding whether the Tiburon is right for you, as well as which model (if you choose the tib).

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Kat_in_MTL said:
Hi!! I was thinking a lot about purchasing a 2006 manual SE...but then I started reading reviews and am now reconsidering. There seems to be a lot of people who had tons of problems with the tib...however it seems like all the negative reviews were for the 03 and 04 models. Anyone have any info on the 06?
HUH!? 04. I never had a problem with my Tib and I am an 04. I trash my car on the strip so much and still no problems. I/H/E. Here's a vid. I beat a 2006 RSX type-s with the same mod twice. It's on the Vid. Even a auto 03 Tib went neck to neck with it. Don't hesitate, get a tib. Think about getting the 07. Be one of the 1st to get an 07. They are nice. Headlights look like a cougar but it's still better than 06 and under headlights(Square and boring).

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/d6f189bc-5af5-495b-a2bd-98770164c893.htm

·
Registered
639 Posts
get the tib. the attention your getting is priceless. and yeh about the reviews, dont worry so much, it got better. and i would recommand u get 07 too. lotta ppl here hate it, but its new generation and personally, i love it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
OMG pls dont get an 07 unless your gonna kit the hell outta that thing. It looks like an illegitimate stepchild of a cougar and neon! On a side note I have an 04 with 57k on it, and I roll her hard all the time! I havent had one problem with it. Also my baby isnt stock by far, so more proof they handle mods and hard driving.........get the tib! Unless of course you have some other car in mind like the G35 or somethin. For the price though, and the look its well worth it alone.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
hey, Kat, go for 07, it's so sexy :D

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
NO NO NO ON THE 07! YUK that fing is FUGLY!

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Like everone else already said, the problems you are hearing about are mostly limited to 2003 manual models. I've never had a problem with my '04. Go for it, you'll love it.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I've put 8000 miles on my 06 so far, haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
most pf the problems wirth tibs are with the older ones...manufactured in late 02. the new tibs have these issues fixed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the replies everyone! It really boosted my thoughts on the tiburon. I really love the look of the 06 SE and I also like the price tag - that's the main reason for my interest in the car...also I'd rather not be part of the civic nation...

I started reading about all these problems with the clutch and with the windows and paint, etc...that's what made me wonder if it would be a bad idea. There aren't many other cars that I'm interested in buying so when I started hearing all these bad things I was a little bummed.

I'm not too sure about the 07 though...I guess I'll have to check both the 06 and 07 out when I go shopping around...

...I also need to learn how to drive a manual car!! :3_pimatyo

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
You ALWAYS have problems with cars. You just gotta take care of it, and even a crappy Chinese car can be a nice and cozy one.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Kat_in_MTL said:
Thanks for all the replies everyone! It really boosted my thoughts on the tiburon. I really love the look of the 06 SE and I also like the price tag - that's the main reason for my interest in the car...also I'd rather not be part of the civic nation...

I started reading about all these problems with the clutch and with the windows and paint, etc...that's what made me wonder if it would be a bad idea. There aren't many other cars that I'm interested in buying so when I started hearing all these bad things I was a little bummed.

I'm not too sure about the 07 though...I guess I'll have to check both the 06 and 07 out when I go shopping around...

...I also need to learn how to drive a manual car!! :3_pimatyo
Just please I beg of you please! if you buy an 07 talk to Italia and get something to change those hideous bumpers!!! :) Besides if you dont have to spend so much, then you have mo money for mods lol.

:3_winkthu

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Definitely get a Tib.

Oh, and hello from Ottawa! :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah, I'd buy it, while you can still find an 06. I have an 05 GT, and it's my second Tib. My first was a 97. I was the 2nd owner of my 97, and it had just over 100k miles on it when I got the new one. It was by no means shot, the body was still in excellent shape, but it needed a whole lot of normal wear and tear stuff done, (brakes, timing belt, cracked windshield, and the clutch was starting to go), so I decided for a new one, rather than spending that much to fix the old one. The quality of the vehicle has grown by leaps and bounds, even since my 97 model. I've had no real problems with my new one, although I have seen the sunroof get sticky when opening or closing. I've heard that's a fairly common problem, but it is covered under the warranty. Bottom line is, you won't find a better car for the same price. I walked off the lot, taxes paid and everything, for an even 19k, for a fully loaded, brand spanking new 05 gt. Some people here have gotten even better deals than I did, so good luck haggling.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Gal!

If you buy a Tib you will not regret it! It's not only sexy but the car is safe, reliable and u will fall in love with it!
And some girl to girl advice..lol....it's a guy magnet. LOL! I first got a 2001 Tib and fell in love. Amazing car! Unforuntetly, I was in a horrible accident due to this stupid old lady and the car saved my life. My tib took the impact amazingly! I loved it so much I went out and bought another one right away...this time a 2003 GS-R and I have had no problems with it. :3_chubby:

GO FOR IT GAL!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts