Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the F/I guys have a thread, why not the N/A guys?

Post pics of your N/A engine bay, whether you have a lot of mods, or just a couple. It could give others ideas.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Aiet, I suppose i'll be the first.
old photo:

newest photo with egt bungs welded into header:

Updated photo with EGT probe installed and plug on other port

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
What are those bung holes for?

Here's mine, still have yet to paint some stuff and clean it all up

egt bunges: for exhaust gas temperature sensors if i'm not mistaken.

Chris, IMO you'd definitly like some color on top of the engine, blue plug wires would look good (not to forget quality one)

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
egt bunges: for exhaust gas temperature sensors if i'm not mistaken.

Chris, IMO you'd definitly like some color on top of the engine, blue plug wires would look good (not to forget quality one)
Yeah, someday, those are in my plan.

I plan to paint the valve cover in the near future. I was gonna do it today, but it's cold, rainy, and humid. Not so good for painting.

By the way, I love your engine bay. Yours is what convinced me that I definitely do want my TB black.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
That's correct. EGT bungs. 1 per cylinder. so i can swap the probe around for trouble shooting etc.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Do you need it on each runner? How does it hook up to 1 gauge? Thx for postin!
Yeah, it's kinda of a pain in the ***.
The ideal placement for an EGT probe is suppose to be within 2 inches or so of the head. problem is, i've got a 4-1 header..... the primaries dont meet together untill under the engin.....
the idea is then to pick the hottest cylinder and monitor that cylinder only.
i figgured for the extra 6 bux in mounting hardware and caps i could put a bung in each cylinder and move the probe as needed.
If I were getting a strange misfire at idle.......
I could keep moving the probe around untill i see something strange and then check that cylinder out....
probe is going in tomorrow if i've got time (also swapping my struts and other various projects.)
so we'll see how she works out for me.
I could also put a probe in each cylinder and datalog them... but that's probably overkill for my current setup.

1 - 20 of 287 Posts