Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 tiburon is only good at lookin good in my driveway... i've replaced almost everything in the car but the engine it keeps breakin down. I love the car... when it works... i want to keep the car and s/c but i'm its always geting repaired and im sick of it... but i really want to keep it cuz its fun car to drive when it works also because kno one else in my area has a SE Tiburon in my area and no one repsects it... I had alot of good time in the tibby and good races but alot of break downs as well... what should i do???? :3_frusty:

· Banned
314 Posts
take it to a decent repair shop to get it fixed next time.. BTW- What is wrong with it??

· NT's Medical Student
1,736 Posts
Yeah i have 41k on my tib and it runs brand new even with my supercharger. Hmm I think the place that is fixing your car is messing up or your s/c install was not done correctly.

· Registered
816 Posts
i want to keep the car and s/c
You have a supercharger on it? Or you want to get one?

If you have one, is your car properly tuned for boost? That might be the problem with reliability.

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Its not S/C i would if i keep it, its a used car and it used to be fully bottled (not cams) and he parted it out and sold it to me and as soon as i bought it, it started giving me problems (all the stock part did not from differnet tiburons would that make a differnce) the repairs begin with. all new struts, it never idled right, the throttle sticks, and bunch of little **** that the dealer ship said they fixed. My motor mounts are broken and my motor moves like a swing. When my motor mount broke my engine smacked the fire wall and bent my throttle body and now it will start but it wont stay runing and if it does it stales out... its very annoying and i love the car alot but its costing me a **** load in insurnce for it just to be sitting in my drive way, also there is a weird noise coming from my trans, its like something is jumping around, idk the car is a pain in the *** but i love it at the same time idk what to DO!!!! :3_steam: :3_frusty:

p.s. if i spelled something wrong i just can't spell lol

it only has 42K and its a 04 SE

· Registered
7,142 Posts
:3_pukey: Dear god just trade it in for a new 06 SE or slightly used. I sounds like your car has been used and abused its whole life. Start over with a new one and take care of it.

· Registered
7,142 Posts
Broken motor mounts? What in God's name did you do to that car?
Couldnt have been anything good. somebody beat a poor tibur down bad. NO wonder the car is falling apart.:2_eek:

· Registered
1,477 Posts
Get rid of it and get another one that hasn't been previously destroyed. Or atleast not taken apart and ghetto rigged back together.

BTW how much did you pay for it?

· Registered
1,219 Posts
Need. More. Facts.

45,000 miles on my 2003, and it's been a great car...

· Registered
1,731 Posts
yeah i wouldnt have bought one like that. knowing all u know

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.