Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just have a question for those who have installed these before. Any pointers would be great. I recently purchased a set of 03+ custom made silver faced gauges tuscani type. They have the T in the middle where the fuel and temp is. Thanks for any input and if you have any pics of yours done please let me know . They are not the type with the lights to make them show up, Thanks for your assistance.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Are you talking about the one from midnight wolfe?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002...ryZ40017QQihZ019QQitemZ290062912220QQtcZphoto

this is just a surround replacement that goes over your factory bezel. There is like two small screws that will take off the plastic piece and then you take off the clear plastic window thing and use an adhesive or 3m tape to stick on the new silver bezel. 5 minutes tops.

when its done it looks exactly like the picture...very nice and easy mod.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
peice of cake 2 screws holding the pastic peice in then unscrew acouple screws for the clear lens and you can get into ur bezel

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply's but this item number on ebay is the one that i am speaking of:

If anyone knows the install and if they have seen this type please let me know. thanks for everyones help.

·
Registered
802 Posts
it looks like they will just do the exact same thing the other one does except it actually covers the gauges...probably the holes in the new gauges will slide directly over the factory holes, if you really like them then for the price you cant really go wrong...it wouldnt be a big loss if you decide you dont like them. And if you install and decide to not keep them just take a pic of them installed and then turn around and resale.

Im sure they will work just fine.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pink thanks for your assistance on these, i didnt think the price was bad because the lighted ones sell for 40 and up, so thought it would be worth a try. I thought maybe someone already had them installed and could shed some light on them. I read the diy on taken the dash apart and it doesnt look bad. Thanks again

·
Registered
802 Posts
your welcome...im not good at suspension and engine stuff but when it comes to cosmetic stuff i know most of it...ive had my car torn apart many times--inside and out.

Yes it is very easy to do change out the gauges like yours...i dont know anyone who has any like thembut the auction said they are custom made so maybe they are the only ones like them..If you have any more problems just let me know and i will see if i can figure it out. send me a pic when you get it done...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts