Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NEW PICS ON POST #3

I figured since my car has completely changed in the past year or so I would create a new profile page. Anyways I bought the car brand new in March of '06, (cheap payments and a sexy exterior sold me) which led me to stumble across this site in no time. For about a year the car remained stock, I was still in high school and only worked part time so I only had enough to spend on car payments. My first mods were Alpine speakers and a headunit my parents had given to me for Christmas. I eventually added an amp and that was it for a long time. My first performance mod came when my boss at the garage I worked at the time gave me a gift certificate at a local speed shop, in which I used to buy my cat back exhaust. That was it for a long time until, a good friend of mine who used to be an active member on here and I knew from school had been rear ended in her Tiburon. Thankfully she was not hurt but the car was totaled except for the front end in which was sitting an Alpine Supercharger she had just bought 2 weeks prior. I ended up buying the supercharger off her and fast forward a year later you can see the boost bug has bitten me badly. I expect to dyno in the near future. My goal is 280-300 whp. Right now im boosting between 7-8 psi and peaking at 9.

Engine:
Alpine Stage 2 Supercharger
2.8" Pulley
Flow Through designed Manifold Core Courtesy of KTS Machine
Injen Short Ram Intake
Injen Dual Exhaust
JVT Headers
NGM Alky Injection
NGM Stage 2 Reflash
NGM IceBox
NGM 70 MM Throttle Body
Port and Polish Lower Intake Manifold and Supercharger Manifold
Black Powdercoated Valve Covers and Intake Manifolds
Cat Delete
290 cc Injectors
SAFC II
NGK Iridium Plugs 2 Steps Colder
Weapon R Catch Can Modified to Vent
5/8 PCV on front Valve Cover
Weapon R Torque Bar
Front Billet Motor Mount
Poly Rear Motor Mount
Optima Red Top Battery
Weight Reduction: Removed trunk trim and floor, removed windshield washer reservoir, spare tire, sound deadening in floor
Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil

Exterior:
Zefiro CF Chaos Hood
Tuscani Trunk Badge
Ark Shorty Antenna
6000K Low Beams
8000K Fog Lights

Interior/ICE
Prosport Boost Gauge and Volt Gauge
AEM UEGO Wideband
Midnight Wolf Trim Pieces
Alpine HU, Speakers, Amp
KDM Pedals
KJB Diamond Plate Mats

Wheels/Suspension
RRM Rear Strut Bar
Motegi SX5 17'' Wheels Black With Polished Lip
Stock Michelin Tires :/
Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs once they wear out :)

Future:
Coilovers or springs/shocks not decided
Big Brake Kit
CF Trunk Lid

·
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010
6,782 Posts
pics of the ride?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
added pics Im gonna take some engine shots as soon as I get my s/c plenum back from the local machine shop, had to get it bored out for the triflo.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The ride looks really nice and clean, silver ftw! If you're planning to go all out, coilovers are a must. You'll get the functionality of lowering and fine tuning the car's handling. If not, then look at the spring options available for the Tib. There are several to choose from.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am going to the dyno next friday, lets see how it goes. I also decided on going with Tein coilovers over the winter. The madness never ends. Just wondering if anyone had suggestions on a good headunit im getting tired of my Alpine 1 din.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
since im getting a few pms on my manifold, if anyones interested i can have some made if theres enough interest. i tried doing this a while ago but no one seemed interested.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
couple more little things planned for the summer:

Digital Boost Gauge
Aerocatch Hood Pins

Just installed an Optima Red Top Yesterday, but thats pretty much it for the summer, over the winter I decided im going to do coilovers and a big brake kit.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Looks good. Def. need some mesh in that grill.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks good. Def. need some mesh in that grill.
i dont think i could, the stock grill had fitment problems with the icebox setup so i ended up pulling it off and sanding down the tabs that held it in. it kinda grew after a while and i kinda like it. im a function over form type of guy lol. but thanks for the kind comments and looking:3_winkthu

1 - 16 of 16 Posts