Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats a simple set up that i could use to get a pretty hard hitting system without buying too much stuff...i was told by someone here that just putting one sub in (in box) with amp hits pretty damn hard....any ideas...plus.....would it be better to replace the stock sub or something

i also dont want to add much weight to the car..or lose too much room...any suggestions?....and brands?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,371 Posts
well first off what type of music you listen to will determine alot of things.

In my opinion for the cheap way out. get a Alpine 12" type R or X if you wanna spend a lil extra cash, and a 800 what 2 channel amp cause that sub is a DVC.

And anything is better than that stock sub...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,784 Posts
I have 2 MTX 10" 7500Series Subwoofers, a box I bought pre-carpeted and an Rockford Fosgate P8002 Series Amplifier. This here puts me at about 800Watts RMS then the rest you need is just wiring and an aftermarket CD Player that supports sub..you can substitute any sub/amp for what I have in your build and pretty much thats as simple as it gets..and yes, pounds very hard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
without breaking the bank get a Jl Audio 12w3v3 in a prefab or custom built slot ported box get a JL audio e 1800d amp and be done...sound good and hit decently hard and with quality equipment...or get a Digital Designs 3512 and a planet audio big bang 1250 amp custom built slot ported box tuned to 40 hz and be really loud...the sub retails for $470 and the amp is around $500 and the box shouldnt be more than $180 ..we did that in a Stratus coupe and it was very loud...little more money but then you get 3 year warranty on the amp and its 1250 watts...my store carries Digital Designs and if you do some investigating ..youll find out that DD is one of the best...all handmade in Oklahoma...and they are very popular in db drag..just my .02...pm with any questions regarding JL audio Planet audio,Alpine,DD,Eclipse ..I sell and install all of them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet...thanks for all the info......oh....and something else i wantyed to know is......is it any good to replace the stock sub with a better on ethats the same size......and hits harder?....i know it wont fit...but would it work if i flip the sub the other way around.....with the face facing into the box?.......and put something similar on the other side...?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
get you a basic bandpass cab and single polk db 10 and throw 300rms at it...you will feel it.

we have a Fry's electronicsin austin... you can get the polk db for about 80bucks and a diesel NS1000D for under 150.

pm me and i can help you out with any thing you would want in your car.

i live in South Austin!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cycon82 said:
get you a basic bandpass cab and single polk db 10 and throw 300rms at it...you will feel it.

we have a Fry's electronicsin austin... you can get the polk db for about 80bucks and a diesel NS1000D for under 150.

pm me and i can help you out with any thing you would want in your car.

i live in South Austin!
thanks man!..i appreciate it.........i know about the fry's.....its huge.....im prolly gonna go there and get the stuff anyways........i will definitely be needing some help once i get started...it'll be a few weeks from now though.....if i PM u......and let u know......that would be sweet.....
 

·
How do you change this?
Joined
·
1,883 Posts
GeneralPatton said:
I have 2 MTX 10" 7500Series Subwoofers, a box I bought pre-carpeted and an Rockford Fosgate P8002 Series Amplifier. This here puts me at about 800Watts RMS then the rest you need is just wiring and an aftermarket CD Player that supports sub..you can substitute any sub/amp for what I have in your build and pretty much thats as simple as it gets..and yes, pounds very hard

^^^^^

I have the 8500's setup with MTX amp pushing it though. Got a deal cause I bought the subs and amp at the same time. These new MTX's are light years ahead of the other trash they made a while back. And thats coming from a JL fan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
seedweed23 said:
thanks man!..i appreciate it.........i know about the fry's.....its huge.....im prolly gonna go there and get the stuff anyways........i will definitely be needing some help once i get started...it'll be a few weeks from now though.....if i PM u......and let u know......that would be sweet.....
any time!

where in austin do you live?

i have an red 03' with "SSS Productions" on the back window.
and i do custom car A/V...with discounts to NT.com members!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
swet...the word discount really means a lot to me...lol...jp...yeah...i dont know ish about the a/v when it comes to cars.......i live in cedar park.....so its not too far.......what kind of set up do you have...any pics?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83606

I will be installing my new Inifinity kappa perfect VQ 10svc subs tomorrow.

my newest adons are:
a tripple guage pillar with a volt meter for each amp
I run a separate amp to each of the 2 10's and i keep it at a 4 ohm load so nothing heats up or is stressed by any means.
I would be happy to let you hear it!
currently, in my class, i own the 2nd best sounding sound system in the state and i am in the to 10 of the nation!
i am in the top 10 loudest for the 2x10" or 1x12" catagory in the nation
and this sub setup is the loudest pair of 10" subs in the state!
at the last show - over a 30 second AVERAGE my system got a 143.2 db, a 140 flat db burp on the dash, and...in outlaw mode...on the floor...a 152.1 db !
and the subs i was using...were a pair of 3 year old infinity kappas that i bought in a pawnshop for 50 bucks!...and one of them HAS a shattered frame!

im proud of my baby, but i need to start watching the body welds more closely! LOL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cycon82 said:
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83606

I will be installing my new Inifinity kappa perfect VQ 10svc subs tomorrow.

my newest adons are:
a tripple guage pillar with a volt meter for each amp
I run a separate amp to each of the 2 10's and i keep it at a 4 ohm load so nothing heats up or is stressed by any means.
I would be happy to let you hear it!
currently, in my class, i own the 2nd best sounding sound system in the state and i am in the to 10 of the nation!
i am in the top 10 loudest for the 2x10" or 1x12" catagory in the nation
and this sub setup is the loudest pair of 10" subs in the state!
at the last show - over a 30 second AVERAGE my system got a 143.2 db, a 140 flat db burp on the dash, and...in outlaw mode...on the floor...a 152.1 db !
and the subs i was using...were a pair of 3 year old infinity kappas that i bought in a pawnshop for 50 bucks!...and one of them HAS a shattered frame!

im proud of my baby, but i need to start watching the body welds more closely! LOL!



holy $hit bro!...thats one insane system?......do you have any video clips of it or anything like that?......i wanna hear this man......i can only imagine how insane this thing sounds
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
My system is pretty ****ing loud for what it is.

One 12" Pioneer Premiere
One 1100W DEI Amp
One 1 Farad Scosche Cap

Even with the bass at a mid-level volume, and the music at a loud, but not obnoxious volume, it'll flex the body panels of the car. It's loud as ****.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i wanna see some clips........anyone?.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
962 Posts
scftw said:
My system is pretty ****ing loud for what it is.

One 12" Pioneer Premiere
One 1100W DEI Amp
One 1 Farad Scosche Cap

Even with the bass at a mid-level volume, and the music at a loud, but not obnoxious volume, it'll flex the body panels of the car. It's loud as ****.

What is the wattage of your pioneer sub?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
seedweed23 said:
holy $hit bro!...thats one insane system?......do you have any video clips of it or anything like that?......i wanna hear this man......i can only imagine how insane this thing sounds
I will actualy be in the ceader park/leander area on sunday...gimme a buzz and maybe i can swing my car by!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
939 Posts
It doesn't get much simpler than the BassLink:

http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='BASSLINK'&Ser=BSL&Cat=SUB

It's compact, doesn't weigh much, tosses out TONS of bass, and has nice controls to help integrate it's sound with the stock setup. $300 shipped from Crutchfield.

Here's a fun article comparing it to another powered sub:

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/reviews/20040413/bass_reviews.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cycon82 said:
I will actualy be in the ceader park/leander area on sunday...gimme a buzz and maybe i can swing my car by!
sure......PM me your name and number......and i'll give u a call.....

too bad i cant show off my tib......its almost stock apart from exhaust and intake...and some cosmetics...lol..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
Mid_West said:
It doesn't get much simpler than the BassLink:

http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='BASSLINK'&Ser=BSL&Cat=SUB

It's compact, doesn't weigh much, tosses out TONS of bass, and has nice controls to help integrate it's sound with the stock setup. $300 shipped from Crutchfield.

Here's a fun article comparing it to another powered sub:

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/reviews/20040413/bass_reviews.html
Im not trying to knock you, but...

I have worked with these, and honestly the stock sub does just as well. I actualy got better results out of 3 bazooka NOS tubes and a 300 watt amp than 1 of the infinity basslink cabs.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top