Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a big audio guy, but I have a Sirius sportster 3 here. It's a fairly large unit, and has two options for setting up. Either with the suction cup or with the vent rings. I'm just going to install it with the suction cup over my two center air vents. But, I have couple questions about it. The circular antenna that comes with it is recommended to be installed on the roof, but I did a little searching here and people recommend it inside the car!? Also, the cigarette lighter connection, any way to hide that wire that goes from the unit?

Thanks

·
Registered
530 Posts
Not a big audio guy, but I have a Sirius sportster 3 here. It's a fairly large unit, and has two options for setting up. Either with the suction cup or with the vent rings. I'm just going to install it with the suction cup over my two center air vents. But, I have couple questions about it. The circular antenna that comes with it is recommended to be installed on the roof, but I did a little searching here and people recommend it inside the car!? Also, the cigarette lighter connection, any way to hide that wire that goes from the unit?

Thanks
I say you just hardwire the power supply instead of using the cig lighter. What I did for my skyfi2 was just tape any wiring under the dash before I had it professionally done. Hide it in any crevices you can find. I will try to get you pics soon. And yes, most Sirius units are quite large unfortunately even compared to my skyfi2.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I say you just hardwire the power supply instead of using the cig lighter. What I did for my skyfi2 was just tape any wiring under the dash before I had it professionally done. Hide it in any crevices you can find. I will try to get you pics soon. And yes, most Sirius units are quite large unfortunately even compared to my skyfi2.
All right, thanks. Professionally done, it can't be a very big job, eh? Awesome, I'd like to see some pics.

·
Registered
530 Posts
All right, thanks. Professionally done, it can't be a very big job, eh? Awesome, I'd like to see some pics.
I don't know crap about wiring.. that's about the only thing I had done. Will get you pics soon.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't mind attempting some stuff with my car, but I hate doing anything that involves me wiring something. : )

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I'll try to remember to post up more pics later...

Here's something to hold you over.

Sportster is mounted on a 15" goose-neck (purchased off Amazon) - meshes perfectly w/the Tib. Antenna is mounted on rear deck lid. Radar Detector mounted high. Everything is very clean, good looking installs IMO.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Here's my temporary install till I get my Alpine (with XM and ipod control support) installed this weekend. Wires are completely hidden with a clean install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts