Slortchus Maximus Non-Adminus
With all the recent drama regarding non-sponsors and our enforcement of this rule, we are ironing out some details to make it fair for everyone and now I ask for your opinion on this rule and how you would like us to enforce it since it is here to protect you, our sponsors.15) No Blatant Advertising. This forum is not free advertising space. Members found violating this policy will be suspended. Posts promoting business websites, commercial web sites, competing websites, etc. will be deleted without notice (this includes sigs and avatars).
Enforcement Option One
- No links to non-sponsor sites
- No adverstisements to non-sponsor sites
- Acceptable Example : I just just bought a t-shirt from NewTiburon!
- Unacceptable Example : I just just bought a t-shirt from NewTiburon.com!
Enforcement Option Two
- No blatant advertisments to non-sponsor sites
- Acceptable Example : I just just bought a t-shirt from NewTiburon.com!
- Unacceptable Example : I just just bought a t-shirt from NewTiburon.com GO HERE NOW!!! and There is a sale going on over on NewTiburon/NewTiburon.com for t-shirts!!!
Option One is more strict and doesn't allow a link of any kind to any non-sponsor, but quite honestly makes it difficult to share non-sponsor websites and very hard to enforce since it will occur much more often.
Option Two is alittle more lax and is all about the context in which they use the link. It allows link sharing to non-sponsor sites but doesn't allow any advertising or the pushing of people over to that site. This more or less what we've been enforcing in the past.
What is your take on the matter? This rule is here for YOU so please provide some feedback.