Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else try this knob. I've been through 3 momo's, and just not happy with the feel, so yesterday I ordered the skunk2 weighted knob. I orderd the thread 10 x 1.25 as that's what I was told our twm sts threads were. If not, woops, cause I searched high & low, and only found 1 post.
I don't like the hot metal cold metal thing, but I want to try a weighted knob.



Skunk2 Shift Knob Toyota 10X1.25 thread pitch
[627-99-0090] $55.00

Made from stainless steel featuring a gun-metal finish. Each shift knob is custom-weighted to 440 grams. When used in conjunction with the Skunk2 Racing short shifter, the combination provides the ultimate in positive shift engagement. A few other sites had it for $43, but didn't have the thread pitch. I don't mind constructive criticism. Flame on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,172 Posts
6sp or 5???
i mean, i like function over form.
Chase
Not my cup o' tea, but hey it looks nice though i like the surface texture and the color
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ShrkByt05 said:
6sp or 5???
i mean, i like function over form.
Chase
Not my cup o' tea, but hey it looks nice though i like the surface texture and the color
5spd. They make a 6, but I didn't bother to look if it just had the 6spd diagram on it, or if it actually had a lockout. I'm sure it was just etched 6spd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,172 Posts
then thats fine, nothin about cars pisses me off more then when i see a 5sp knob on a 6sp carLOL
Chase
Try it out, cheap mod and you can sell if you dont like it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
what did you do with the momo's? did they screw on or have the little black screws that you tightened down?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
makoGK said:
what did you do with the momo's? did they screw on or have the little black screws that you tightened down?
They (momo) come with the rubber adapters and the 3 set screws, but I always put loctite on the threads or they'll work themselves loose. This momo I have now is the module, brushed and leather, but it's too light.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
yeah, I never thought of loctite, I should have tho, I stripped one of my screws, any chance you have any extras you'd like to part with? Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread. I would rather have a weighted knob too. I like the skunk one you are gettin, would like it a lil more in black. pretty good price tho for a weighted knob from what I have seen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
makoGK said:
yeah, I never thought of loctite, I should have tho, I stripped one of my screws, any chance you have any extras you'd like to part with? Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread. I would rather have a weighted knob too. I like the skunk one you are gettin, would like it a lil more in black. pretty good price tho for a weighted knob from what I have seen
I would've preferred it in black also, but this the closest they had. The picture makes it look lighter. On one of my momo's, I tapped out the set screw holes one size larger after they stripped, and used loctite, and you couldn't yank it off. It's about a $10 investment for the tap handle and tap. If you liike your current shift knob, just go to a hardware store and tell them what you want to do and they should hook you up.

And anyone can jump in on my threads, it just adds to the fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
i think the knob has a decent look to it, the only thing i dont care for is the "skunk" on the the side of it. i guess it might be a stupid reason for not liking it. you could check out twm, they have nice finishes on their knobs and they're weighted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
receiver09 said:
i think the knob has a decent look to it, the only thing i dont care for is the "skunk" on the the side of it. i guess it might be a stupid reason for not liking it. you could check out twm, they have nice finishes on their knobs and they're weighted.
I have had a twm sts for almost a couple of years now and love it, but I just didn't like the shape of their knobs. I did like the black one somewhat. Other than thta, most the weighted ones out there are the ball type.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
No one has the 10 x 1.25 so I got a refund. I still want a weighted, but was looking at this isotta matrix. It comes in black, aluminum, titanium, but I like black.







They're an italian company equivalent to momo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
bagpiper said:
No one has the 10 x 1.25 so I got a refund. I still want a weighted, but was looking at this isotta matrix. It comes in black, aluminum, titanium, but I like black.



They're an italian company equivalent to momo.
how much does it weigh? i need a heavy one too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
wxman25 said:
how much does it weigh? i need a heavy one too.
This one (matrix) is a balanced weight, so not heavy enough. My next choice is the TWM wieghted R'
I love my twm sts, and I like this black twm knob, but I like the isotta style better.



or the classic black one

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
same problem with everyone of those. there metal and they're gonna get cold and hot during the day you can't win if you want a heavy knob
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top