Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a clutchmasters stage 2 clutch and I want my clutch to be able to last as long as possible. I have heard some good things about the DIY Slave Cylinder Mod. Should I do this mod with the aftermarket clutch or it wont make a difference on the clutchmasters. Is that mod only good for the stock system? And as for break-in on a clutch, what type of driving do you do to break it in? Some say that you should do city driving and stay under 3000 RPM, is that right? Does top speed matter?

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
redtib03 said:
I just purchased a clutchmasters stage 2 clutch and I want my clutch to be able to last as long as possible. I have heard some good things about the DIY Slave Cylinder Mod. Should I do this mod with the aftermarket clutch or it wont make a difference on the clutchmasters. Is that mod only good for the stock system? And as for break-in on a clutch, what type of driving do you do to break it in? Some say that you should do city driving and stay under 3000 RPM, is that right? Does top speed matter?

Thanks

Jon
You do the biggest burn out you possibly can to break it in...

that was a joke...

I have always been told that you want to be very conservative in your driving and stay consistant for atleast the first 1K city miles... Not too sure if thats 100% accurate tho

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Yeah,,,take it easy while driving the first 500 miles, no burnouts, or revving up over 5000rpms.

You'll be very very happy with that clutch.

I don't know the answer about the slave cylinder mod,,,,,cause I've been cool w/my stage2 for about 8K miles. I would also like to know if it makes a difference with the aftermarket clutch.

·
Registered
200 Posts
haha.

but yea. do the slave cylinder mod. I need a new clutch here since the old owner of this car seems to have glazed the spec clutch on here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
For You Guys That Have Put An After Market Clutch, Any Recommendation ? I Am Going To My 3rd Clutch And Was Hoping For Some Feedback On Best Clutch You May Have Installed And How It Hold So Far...
Give Me Some Feedback... Real One Please...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Slave cylinder mod is one of those things I kinda wish I hadn't done.

I have been running a fidanza and spec stg I for 40,000 miles now and it hasn't once felt even as crisp as any other cars clutch stock. A little better than the stock hyundai clutch, but nowhere near as good as any other cars I've driven, even stock. I drove a jaguar X-type 2.5 (its a freakin taurus) today and its clutch felt light years better.

Tib clutch just sucks it seems untill you get a heavy uncomfortable clutch.

All the slave-cylinder removal seems to have done is make the car jerk a lot when going slow over speedbumps, etc.

=(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts