Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know from whoever took out their Slave Valve Spring from the cylinder, if they could post a picture of what the spring looks like and how long it is? Also, for those who installed a Clutchmasters clutch and Fidanza Flywheel, do you have issues with a noise made when you start up the car from the starter hitting the flywheel?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I wanted to know from whoever took out their Slave Valve Spring from the cylinder, if they could post a picture of what the spring looks like and how long it is? Also, for those who installed a Clutchmasters clutch and Fidanza Flywheel, do you have issues with a noise made when you start up the car from the starter hitting the flywheel?
The spring's a little larger than a ball point pen spring. I'm getting ready to install my fidanza and stage 4

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The spring's a little larger than a ball point pen spring. I'm getting ready to install my fidanza and stage 4
How much larger? It is the same width throughout the size of the spring or is it wider at the top and spring's width decreases in size as it gets to the bottom?

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
468 Posts
I did mine recently and yeah it's a cylinder, not a cone. If you haven't done it already, thoguh, i recommend against it. I wish I could edit -> undo... clutch is making all sorts of funky noises now :(

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did mine recently and yeah it's a cylinder, not a cone. If you haven't done it already, thoguh, i recommend against it. I wish I could edit -> undo... clutch is making all sorts of funky noises now :(
How do you know that doing the slave mod caused the clutch noises? So many people have reported positive effects.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The earlier RDs had a small 'plate' with the spring and that had to come out too....don't know if that's relevant here. As this spring just smooths the flow of fluid I can only imagine this mod changing the feel of the clutch....unless that lil plate is flopping around without its spring(j/k hopefully). Maybe a worn clutch that would have happened anyway. If its a rumbly noise as you operate the pedal thats the noise the thrust bearing makes when its bored with always being a thrust bearing. I once had a clutch that sometimes made grindy crunchy noises and it turned out the plate was falling apart...just some fragments really, not a complete collapse.

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
Yeah the spring is even and has a little metal "cap" with a pinhole in it on one side. spring is about 1/8" wide and 2/3" long.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Well you're in luck. Being the anal person that I am I read over all of the pages of the DIY and made a nice Word document to assist when I did this a while ago. I have the pic that was originally in the thread...

·
Registered
375 Posts
i did this monday night and i love it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts