Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know from whoever took out their Slave Valve Spring from the cylinder, if they could post a picture of what the spring looks like and how long it is? Also, for those who installed a Clutchmasters clutch and Fidanza Flywheel, do you have issues with a noise made when you start up the car from the starter hitting the flywheel?

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
I wanted to know from whoever took out their Slave Valve Spring from the cylinder, if they could post a picture of what the spring looks like and how long it is? Also, for those who installed a Clutchmasters clutch and Fidanza Flywheel, do you have issues with a noise made when you start up the car from the starter hitting the flywheel?
The spring's a little larger than a ball point pen spring. I'm getting ready to install my fidanza and stage 4

·
Registered
472 Posts
I did mine recently and yeah it's a cylinder, not a cone. If you haven't done it already, thoguh, i recommend against it. I wish I could edit -> undo... clutch is making all sorts of funky noises now :(

·
Registered
252 Posts
The earlier RDs had a small 'plate' with the spring and that had to come out too....don't know if that's relevant here. As this spring just smooths the flow of fluid I can only imagine this mod changing the feel of the clutch....unless that lil plate is flopping around without its spring(j/k hopefully). Maybe a worn clutch that would have happened anyway. If its a rumbly noise as you operate the pedal thats the noise the thrust bearing makes when its bored with always being a thrust bearing. I once had a clutch that sometimes made grindy crunchy noises and it turned out the plate was falling apart...just some fragments really, not a complete collapse.

·
How do you change this?
2,294 Posts
Yeah the spring is even and has a little metal "cap" with a pinhole in it on one side. spring is about 1/8" wide and 2/3" long.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Well you're in luck. Being the anal person that I am I read over all of the pages of the DIY and made a nice Word document to assist when I did this a while ago. I have the pic that was originally in the thread...

·
Registered
856 Posts
i did this monday night and i love it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.