Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

slow acceleration problem

10K views 39 replies 7 participants last post by  Daniyalkza 
#1 · (Edited)
update:it was fuel pump that solve problem completely
----------------------------------
hi everyone.i have a v6 2008 6 speed. recently changed two primary o2 sensor and maf sensor with original ones.i have no catalytic converter.no cel or pending code on ecu.a wired acceleration problem i have experiencing is when i floor gas pedal car accelerate really good a while after this acceleration is not good as before and like something pulling car back. like it goes bad then back to good without any reason. everything is good. fuel filter is new air filter is new clutch is new. tps checked completely everything was in range and good . intake temp sensor checked. ignition system include plugs, wires, coils checked. injectors resistance checked.no misfire.cold start is perfect.no hesitation.i have noticed two thing
first:smell of unburnt fuel from exhaust specially when accelerate hard
two:engine like regain it's power for example when i stop behind traffic lights for a while after that acceleration is really good
i will be appreciated for any help or guess

#34 ·
not at all.i think an tiburon evap purge valve is about 10 or 20$ on ebay and its very easy to change
Mine has 182k miles and never had to change it yet. Avoid overfilling tank, that's the main cause of evap canister failure.
i have never overfill my tank but don't know about previous owner
but i want to mention over filling tank usually damage canister itself not canister purge valve and in my case it was purge valve that's cause problems for me

#35 ·
Purge valve failure is caused by fuel vapors, that damage the rubbing component of the purge valve, long time parking and overfill creates overpressure against the valve.

If you avoid overpressure in gas tank caused by vapors, you save your purge valve, as it is called, purge is necessary when needed, not always.

It depends also of weather

#36 ·
ok I'm thinking that my car playing a game with me
it doesn't accelerate as it should except sometimes for a short while
unfortunately it doesn't throw any code at all
i have changed ignition coil last night but with no improvement
it doesn't misfire, stall, jerk, hesitation or anything else
sometimes when i restart engine it accelerate prefect but just for a short time like 10 minutes
i don't know what to do after change o2 sensors, maf sensor, crankshaft position sensor and now ignition coil all with oem ones
fuel trims are about 1.6 to 3.6 rich for both banks that means engine have enough fuel
every one can help me i will do anything for him because now it's a nightmare

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.