Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
it seems that only that hesitation is gone but slower acceleration than before persist.its too wired today stop at gas station and fill my near empty tank with only 10 liter of gasoline. after that acceleration was awesome even on 6th gear it doesn't need to shift to 5th but after a while goes back to usual and i can't see any code in my scanner only thing is about long term fuel trim
bank 1 : - 1.6
bank 2: - 2.3

·
Registered
85 Posts
You definitively have a failure with fuel pressure.
Once you filled your tank, did you hear a "Pschhhit" sound as soon as you opened the cap ?
Seems your EVAP system is clogged, building negative pressure in the tank, avoiding flow through the fuel injector lines.
Check your evap system, and the fuel pressure regulator.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
before cleaning canister air filter i always hear poof sound when opening gas cap but after that i never hear that
i have also checked purge solenoid valve it opens and close normally and its resistance was in range du to repair manual
if it was fuel pressure regulator i must face some staring problem but even after 2 weeks if i try to start the car it start with first cranking
any way thank you for trying to help me i will be appreciated with any help because I'm trying to solve this problem for almost a year

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine has 240k miles. Had to change lot of thing when i had poor acceleration.

Coils were bad even if the primary and secondary resistance were on the range, they were misfiring on WOT, not at idle.

Spark plug wires were not fully insulating and some sparks were coming from only on WOT.

Fuel pump relief valve was bad too, pressure was bad only on WOT, when cruising or driving cool everything was good and engine started normally.

I thought it was O2 sensors, they have 240k miles in it and never changes, and engine runs great (maybe better if i change them).

You change your O2 sensors with OEM replacement parts ? Dont buy this sh***y crap from EBay.

Can you do a datalog with Torque and ELM327 diagnostic tool ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
from what you said on previous post about evap i have searched again and find someone with Mazda 626 or something like that. he have similar symptoms like me. he have been unplugged purge valve and symptoms gone. i did unplugged mine tonight and i can say acceleration was so much better. now want to replace it. what do you guys think about this?
and yes o2 sensor changed with oem ones

·
Registered
85 Posts
What i think is you may often overfill your tank, some gas went into the charcoal box, if it reach it, some charcoal particles may travel from it through your evap canister line, avoiding engine to balance pressure in tank with atmosphere pressure.

Check your maf output also, you need to have a OBD tool, and check manually pressure in the gas line.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
tiburon acceleration problem no code
finally i can say acceleration problem solved completely after purge valve replaced
so after replace o2 sensor
crankshaft position sensor
and finally purge valve
everything about hesitation or acceleration problem is solved
tiburon acceleration problem no cel
i hope someone use this thread in future and don't get stuck for about a year without any clue when there is no cel or code or fuel pressure problem
tiburon intermittent acceleration problem

·
Registered
18 Posts
My car is 93,000 miles, before long I will make new mapping of the switchboard, I want to be careful to have everything bolt ons at 100%
Is this repair very expensive?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine has 182k miles and never had to change it yet. Avoid overfilling tank, that's the main cause of evap canister failure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
My car is 93,000 miles, before long I will make new mapping of the switchboard, I want to be careful to have everything bolt ons at 100%
Is this repair very expensive?
not at all.i think an tiburon evap purge valve is about 10 or 20$ on ebay and its very easy to change
Mine has 182k miles and never had to change it yet. Avoid overfilling tank, that's the main cause of evap canister failure.
i have never overfill my tank but don't know about previous owner
but i want to mention over filling tank usually damage canister itself not canister purge valve and in my case it was purge valve that's cause problems for me

·
Registered
85 Posts
Purge valve failure is caused by fuel vapors, that damage the rubbing component of the purge valve, long time parking and overfill creates overpressure against the valve.

If you avoid overpressure in gas tank caused by vapors, you save your purge valve, as it is called, purge is necessary when needed, not always.

It depends also of weather

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
ok I'm thinking that my car playing a game with me
it doesn't accelerate as it should except sometimes for a short while
unfortunately it doesn't throw any code at all
i have changed ignition coil last night but with no improvement
it doesn't misfire, stall, jerk, hesitation or anything else
sometimes when i restart engine it accelerate prefect but just for a short time like 10 minutes
i don't know what to do after change o2 sensors, maf sensor, crankshaft position sensor and now ignition coil all with oem ones
fuel trims are about 1.6 to 3.6 rich for both banks that means engine have enough fuel
every one can help me i will do anything for him because now it's a nightmare

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
i have changed camshaft position sensor too but it didn't solve problem
checked injectors with multi meter all of them was good
also check for injector leaking or clogged and didn't see anything all of them was good
so what else could be

21 - 39 of 39 Posts