Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it legal to put on a stage 4 intake manifold? smog legal that is? can i pass if i put one on?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lostdestiny14 said:
I think you would just have to worry about the replacing the stock cat. Also the stg.4 wont work with the sniper (your mods list).
yeah i know i meant to edit it, im probably going to just build an n/a monster for now and maybe use a ripp kit later

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
uhh factory original IM? Oh and with regards to the sig where does one purchase kart boy bushing for the tib. I have basstibs right now.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Vidfinnx said:
Is it legal to put on a stage 4 intake manifold? smog legal that is? can i pass if i put one on?
you can get your stock im's ported, its not quite legal i dont think, but they cant check for it, and it wont cause you to fail.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Bakerking31 said:
you can get your stock im's ported, its not quite legal i dont think, but they cant check for it, and it wont cause you to fail.
+1

stage 4 shouldnt fail actual the emissions; but you will fail visual.

like bk says you can always get it ported from rrm, ngm or take it to any known machine shop.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Kalian said:
+1

stage 4 shouldnt fail actual the emissions; but you will fail visual.

like bk says you can always get it ported from rrm, ngm or take it to any known machine shop.

would it really fail visual? couldnt you just tell the guy that you got yours powedercoated bc you thought it looked 'hott'? bc what if they saw a short ram intake, they wouldnt not pass it for that....

im just askin :) :) not contradictin :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CelticShark420 said:
would it really fail visual? couldnt you just tell the guy that you got yours powedercoated bc you thought it looked 'hott'? bc what if they saw a short ram intake, they wouldnt not pass it for that....

im just askin :) :) not contradictin :)
yeah imma do that lol i just got it painted thats all

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
well, if they know what there lookin at you will fail ... since it says next generation motorsports right there on it, i would make the guess as a aftermarket IM, but if you can get it by em more powa, but in all reality it only takes a little time to put back on the stock one for smog

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Vidfinnx said:

More than likely the inspector won't even know that the intake is aftermarket. The intake will now cause you to fail your inspection, but it can cause you to fail the visual.

If you're looking for a Stage 4 .... I have one in silver for cheap.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
05GT said:
More than likely the inspector won't even know that the intake is aftermarket. The intake will now cause you to fail your inspection, but it can cause you to fail the visual.

If you're looking for a Stage 4 .... I have one in silver for cheap.

PM sent for silver Stage 4 for sale.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I think when it comes time for smog (3 years lol) I'm just gonna put the plastic back on with zip ties or whatever and hide as much as I can that way lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts