Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, awhile ago I got into an accident, and it busted up my fender and bumper, my mom's boyfriend got banged out the dent in the fender and bumper pretty well. I was wondering if you guys know a way I could finish smoothing out the fender completely, and removing the rust that formed when the paint chipped in between the crack of the bumper and fender?

Here's a picture

Here's a link to a bigger resolution.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/alansaloserx200/DSC01200.jpg

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Not bad for a quick fix but still noticeable. A+ for effort :3_winkthu

·
Always Here To Help
3,920 Posts
take the bumper off.... grind/strip the rust off with a rust wheel attachment for a drill..... bondo or primer smooth depending on the depth of the rust and the dents...... wet sand smooth..... paint by shop, or paint by yourself with a spray can of paint that is factory matching..... blend it into the existing paint...... wetsand again..... apply clear coat...... polish to a shine.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Bondo does work wonders
My last car (95 Mazda 626) was in an accident when my sister had it and my dad and I fixed up the huge dent and spray painted it ourselves for pretty cheap
Not as good as replacing the panel etc etc but much cheaper

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Use bondo sparingly. Dont hack it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Make sure to get rid of all the rust otherwise will eventually bubble underneath. At least thats what happened to me when I did body work on my 87 prelude si

1 - 8 of 8 Posts