Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright. its been awhile since ive been on here and have been tring to catch up with all of the updates to s/c's and ect. i traded off the tib awhile back but now i am purchasing an 05 special addition this week. ok so heres my questions.

i hear about this new sniper kit from ngm. now how much horse is it putting out is it comparable to the stage 0 or stage 1 alpine? and i think i read its $2700?

and ive read it can be upgraded how much will it cost to upgrade to the same as or more power of a stage 2 alpine?

and if it is only like a stage 0 alpine what is the upgrade to make it comparable to a stage 1 cost.

and would you guys recommend the alpine stage 1 or the sniper.. which either one will be upgraded to a stage 2.5 or w/e soon but starting out with the stage one.

Thanks for any help will appreciate it..

Oh and i went on the ngm site i see nothing about the assasin or sniper.. do i need to call ngm for ordering purposes if i go that route?

·
Banned
642 Posts
wassup_nuthin said:
alright. its been awhile since ive been on here and have been tring to catch up with all of the updates to s/c's and ect. i traded off the tib awhile back but now i am purchasing an 05 special addition this week. ok so heres my questions.

i hear about this new sniper kit from ngm. now how much horse is it putting out is it comparable to the stage 0 or stage 1 alpine? and i think i read its $2700?

and ive read it can be upgraded how much will it cost to upgrade to the same as or more power of a stage 2 alpine?

and if it is only like a stage 0 alpine what is the upgrade to make it comparable to a stage 1 cost.

and would you guys recommend the alpine stage 1 or the sniper.. which either one will be upgraded to a stage 2.5 or w/e soon but starting out with the stage one.

Thanks for any help will appreciate it..

Oh and i went on the ngm site i see nothing about the assasin or sniper.. do i need to call ngm for ordering purposes if i go that route?
I would go with Ngm. Its Tc fault the Website is not working :). I am sure you are not going to buy anything like this right away because So many people plan on buying one and would like all the same info you want. The website will be up soon and when it does i would make a choice then. I would go to the Assassin since the starting point of the ASSASSIN is right around where the Sniper/Alpine setup maxes out !

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
The Sniper puts out about as much power as an Alpine Stage 1, but the sniper isn't even intercooled. Also, the sniper costs a little less than the Alpine Stage 0.

I love my sniper, I don't think I could ever go back.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool thanks for the info... so i cant upgrade the sniper into the assasin later ? like just switch the superchargers or anything or modify the sniper like put a cooling system on it.. isnt the stage 0 like 2400 bucks? and the sniper is cheaper?!? are you sure about that? and puts almost the same as the stage 1.. can you get the sniper to put out as much as a two? right now i have about 3 grand but havnt a tibby yet still working on the deal so ya. i would like the assasin but i want to stay stock internals.. well guys thanks for th info

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
you can swap the blower out to an assassin if you wanted to. Thats the good part about it, you can upgrade a Sniper to well....whatever you want

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
wassup_nuthin said:
cool thanks for the info... so i cant upgrade the sniper into the assasin later ? like just switch the superchargers or anything or modify the sniper like put a cooling system on it.. isnt the stage 0 like 2400 bucks? and the sniper is cheaper?!? are you sure about that? and puts almost the same as the stage 1.. can you get the sniper to put out as much as a two? right now i have about 3 grand but havnt a tibby yet still working on the deal so ya. i would like the assasin but i want to stay stock internals.. well guys thanks for th info
Alpine just raised all of their products prices. I think the Alpine Stage 0 is 2795 now. Somebody corrent me if I'm wrong; not sure on the exact number, but I know the price raised substantially.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Go with the Alpine, that way TC won't be on the phone with you, when I'm calling him with stupid questions on installing my SNIPER... :3_nosthum

(TC - will that be arriving SOON, or what??)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts