Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have 4000k on my 06 GTv6. i was just wondering what the A/F ratio was on a bolt on sniper with with I/E or some other similiar setup. also, i want to get over 100k on my car, so i was wondering if the life of my engine would be drastically compromised.

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
the life of any engine goes down with forced inducton. talk to t.c, he can answer all your questions and more

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
depends on how well you maintain your tib also.... jus like ANY other car

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
A/F doesn’t work like that you cant just bolt it on and say this is the A/F ratio you have to tune it. But generally you are looking to hit an A/F between 12 and 12.5 (with an F/I application) also off topic but what part of texas are you from

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
The Hyundai ECU is excellent at compensating for up to 4psi of boost by itself. The majority of the power gains to be had on a 4psi setup will be by subtracting some fuel and adding timing. For example on Alpine's mostly finished Stage 0 and 1 tune we barely touch the fuel and add upwards of 4 degrees of timing.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i live in dallas, dont really know how far lubbock is from here.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
AnthonyNTC3 said:
I only have 4000k on my 06 GTv6. i was just wondering what the A/F ratio was on a bolt on sniper with with I/E or some other similiar setup. also, i want to get over 100k on my car, so i was wondering if the life of my engine would be drastically compromised.
Hello,

The engine isnt comprimised by going forced induction. Moderate boost levels and proper tuning will allow an engine to live a very long life. Mecedes Benz AMG, Saturn Ion, Chevy Cobalt, Mini Cooper, Ford Lightning, 03-04 Ford Cobra, Ford T-bird SC, Bonneville SC, Toyota TRD Pickup, Range Rover, all run roots superchargers from the factory. There are many more factory cars out there that run an Eaton roots supercharger, why because it is the most reliable, economically sound, power producing, low maintenance supercharger today. This is why many car manufactures choose this type of forced induction for their production cars. Now, do you think these manufactures would risk engine longevity at the price of performance? No. I have run low boosted 4-5lb setups at 14.0:1 A/F without any compromise. The introductory to F/I Sniper kit will net between 3-5lbs of boost and is completely safe on stock bottom end, stock injectors, stock ECU, basically stock everything. This is what the kit was designed for. Although upgrade mods will enhance the performance of the kit, there is no need for a fuel tuner, injectors, headers, exhaust CAI or SRI or any other mods to make this kit work. The kit was designed to be bolted to a off the showroom floor car in bone stock form and give you years of safe reliable and efficient power increase, not to mention the attention you get from onlookers when you open the hood.LOL

Thanks T.C.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i drive very moderately, and go to the 1/8th track maybe four times a year. with I/E and a sniper with no other tuning, do you think I could make 100k with proper maintainance. I get over 25mpg, to give you an idea of my driving style when Im not at the track. i know you can;t give me a guarenteed answer, but I just want an opinion. also, do I need to worry about cooling, I live in texas, and run the A/C in July-August, and its almost always 100 degrees outside.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
You'll be fine without intercooling on the base sniper, Tim design this base setup so you wouldnt need anything. It just means you'll get more of a gain when you get the icebox because of that 100 degree heat. Also you should consider a tuner also it really optimized your gains and make sure you have a good af ratio. You dont need one with this setup, but just consider it.

As for over 100k, any mod will wear the engine more due to making more power. But there are quite a few people who have been f/i and are still on the stock block that have alot more power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts