Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have I/E currently. I was going to do header and MAFterburner until the sale came up, so that will be in the spring instead. I am going to buy F&R motor mounts and install an Air/Fuel and Boost gauge on the A pillar when I have the Sniper installed. Is there anything else I should worry about when I go to install the Sniper? I know clutch/flywheel/LSD insert will probably get done next summer eventually, but from what I understand I should be OK as long as don't beat the hell out of the car.

How close to the 211 HP posted should I be without headers, but with exhaust? Any guesses?

DOOOOOODE I am sooo excited that I am getting a Sniper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
JBLover said:
I only have I/E currently. I was going to do header and MAFterburner until the sale came up, so that will be in the spring instead. I am going to buy F&R motor mounts and install an Air/Fuel and Boost gauge on the A pillar when I have the Sniper installed. Is there anything else I should worry about when I go to install the Sniper? I know clutch/flywheel/LSD insert will probably get done next summer eventually, but from what I understand I should be OK as long as don't beat the hell out of the car.

How close to the 211 HP posted should I be without headers, but with exhaust? Any guesses?

DOOOOOODE I am sooo excited that I am getting a Sniper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the sniper, you shouldn't need anything else. A boost guage is definitely a plus. Don't waste your money on a A/F guage unless it's a wideband setup. the Autometer A/F lightshow is just a waste of cash.

Unless your clutch is already on it's way out. It should hold without much problems with the Sniper at it's current amount of boost.

Without headers and with exhaust you should still be close to the 205 to 210 mark.

·
Registered
837 Posts
201 hp without headers would be my guess... :2_questio

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Yeah tim made the sniper so that you wouldnt need anything else. You should be close to 200 whp if not over. With headers you'll see more top end power even though you lose that 2 psi. There use to be alot of debates whether you made more power without the headers with the base kits of the alpines.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
hmm anything i can do to up psi with headers? does T.C. offer diffrent pulleys?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Who want 200 hp with a $3000.00 dollar setup? Please!

if you go to buy a sniper put a watercooled,heades,3'' catback.
bigger injectors,And a Super pulley for real boost. Is my recomendation.
GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i have DC header and exhaust, no cat, CAI and lookin to tune but i heard with headers u only run around 1.5 psi on stock pulley so i would like to increase the PSI

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
suspicious_tuscani said:
Who want 200 hp with a $3000.00 dollar setup? Please!

if you go to buy a sniper put a watercooled,heades,3'' catback.
bigger injectors,And a Super pulley for real boost. Is my recomendation.
GOOD LUCK
super pulley huh?

·
Registered
71 Posts
05Tib said:
i have DC header and exhaust, no cat, CAI and lookin to tune but i heard with headers u only run around 1.5 psi on stock pulley so i would like to increase the PSI
Its true but put another pulley and problem solve. I think a 10psi pulley would be perfect
with watercooled,etc

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i was in hopes there would be a pulley to up the PSI but keep it below 6 PSI sense that is when u want to add in intercooler for heat safety and i want to keep from that right now

·
Registered
855 Posts
3" exhaust with a roots type blower is worthless, and you would see no benefits. Larger diameter exhaust is only beneficial with a turbo setup.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am going to buy headers and Mafterburner in the spring! The point of this post was to find out if anything is more or less necessary. I know I read motor mounts would be pretty important. I know that headers and Mafterburner would be a big help, but with this sale my build up plans are different. I was going to put in a double pod A pillar and was wondering what gauges to go with, boost is a given, anything else good?

I don't know how this turned into a how much boost what size pulley thread...

·
Registered
350 Posts
ddemlong said:
get headers its a must for FI
Why would it be a must? I am running a stg1 alpine with just intake and ssa exhaust and it runs great! I am upgrating to a stg2 soon and I will not be adding headers. Headers are not a must.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Martin said:
Why would it be a must? I am running a stg1 alpine with just intake and ssa exhaust and it runs great! I am upgrating to a stg2 soon and I will not be adding headers. Headers are not a must.
i hope not :( cause headers = major NO NO in california lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts