Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering the difference in cooling between the alpine stage 1 and sniper?
I want to possibly buy a alpine stage 0 but i was wondering if i can use the cooling from ngm for it, the only reason im lookin at a alpine is because of the nice shiny carb sticker. I was just wondering if the cooling system was better from ngm, and how its better and if it can be adapted to the alpine. i want to get the 2.75 pulley from ngm for the blower.
Come on TC get them snipers Carb legal :3_winkthu for us Cali guys, cops out here are poppin hoods and crushing cars like no tommorow for carb illegal mods.

:3_fyou Cops (in my town)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,798 Posts
from what i have read the sniper's base package doesn't come with any cooling... i think it's fitted with the icebox manifold and that's it. so you have to pay the extra 1500 (i think that is a low estimate) or whatever it costs for the intercooler, heatexchanger, and reservoir. i believe alpine has upgraded their intercooling to be better than it used to be, but the sniper manifold design is nicer. if you are worried about carb then you'd have to go with alpine and you could always upgrade later.

before people correct me i'm not 100% sure that the information provided is totally accurate. i'm going off of what i remember reading a few months ago when the sniper was first talked about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
PewpMaster said:
from what i have read the sniper's base package doesn't come with any cooling... i think it's fitted with the icebox manifold and that's it. so you have to pay the extra 1500 (i think that is a low estimate) or whatever it costs for the intercooler, heatexchanger, and reservoir. i believe alpine has upgraded their intercooling to be better than it used to be, but the sniper manifold design is nicer. if you are worried about carb then you'd have to go with alpine and you could always upgrade later.

before people correct me i'm not 100% sure that the information provided is totally accurate. i'm going off of what i remember reading a few months ago when the sniper was first talked about.
The intercooler upgrade for the sniper is only $995.00 and this includes everithing needed to intercool your Sniper setup.

The alpine blower will not work with the Sniper manifold because of the lenght of the snout on the blower i believe. I have heard that the intercooling in the Alpine is preety inneficient, in fact NGM has an upgrade for the intercooling setup on the Alpine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,798 Posts
right cause you area already getting the manifold with the sniper...

as far as the snout goes, they are both MP62 blowers they should be the same... or at least one would think... unless it's mounted more to one side or the other.

either way, if you want to remain carb legal stick with alpine or wait until ngm gets their **** carb legal. i heard somewhere that they were working on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PewpMaster said:
right cause you area already getting the manifold with the sniper...

as far as the snout goes, they are both MP62 blowers they should be the same... or at least one would think... unless it's mounted more to one side or the other.

either way, if you want to remain carb legal stick with alpine or wait until ngm gets their **** carb legal. i heard somewhere that they were working on it.
TC told me that one time, but last time i spoke with him, he said now hes got to find out if its going to be worth it or not to get it carb certified...that means like nothings being done as far as what i can get from that statement, i can see from a business stand point, hes already got the money for hella sniper kits, carb legal or not. I want to know for sure that they are working on getting a carb certification. It just really sucks ive had 2 friends get their cars crushed because they were illegally modded. I really like the design/R&D of the sniper but the cops out here are super dicks..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Vidfinnx said:
TC told me that one time, but last time i spoke with him, he said now hes got to find out if its going to be worth it or not to get it carb certified...that means like nothings being done as far as what i can get from that statement, i can see from a business stand point, hes already got the money for hella sniper kits, carb legal or not. I want to know for sure that they are working on getting a carb certification. It just really sucks ive had 2 friends get their cars crushed because they were illegally modded. I really like the design/R&D of the sniper but the cops out here are super dicks..
Cars crushed!!! Holy Hell!! What ever happened to a "fix it" ticket?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hazindu said:
Cars crushed!!! Holy Hell!! What ever happened to a "fix it" ticket?
Their tired of all the ricers and crap around here, the street racing is really bad, so they got tired of it, and now they just crush your car, oh yeah thats on top of the fines as well...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Vidfinnx said:
Their tired of all the ricers and crap around here, the street racing is really bad, so they got tired of it, and now they just crush your car, oh yeah thats on top of the fines as well...
OK, this is probably a rediculous question, but I have to ask. Say I'm rollin through cali in my Tib with out of state plates and get pulled over. Is it even an option for them to take my car? If so, I'm gonna have to put off a visit to a friend next year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,798 Posts
sounds a bit extreme to me... i'm thinking if infact they do that there are some other violations that came before or something else... i seriously doubt they are going to crush your car for modifying it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
usagi said:
OK, this is probably a rediculous question, but I have to ask. Say I'm rollin through cali in my Tib with out of state plates and get pulled over. Is it even an option for them to take my car? If so, I'm gonna have to put off a visit to a friend next year.
no your safe with other state plates, gotta love that military benefit eh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PewpMaster said:
sounds a bit extreme to me... i'm thinking if infact they do that there are some other violations that came before or something else... i seriously doubt they are going to crush your car for modifying it.
no they can and will crush your car here, you know the penalty for modified emissions/having no emissions its freaking ridiculous + jail time possibly
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
642 Posts
Liberals at there best here ! Being this is Cali we are talking about, well that says it all...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
I got busted in California and i'm from Nevada. They tried to hit me with all this stuff about my car, and when i got back to nevada i just showed it to one of the cops over here and they took care of it for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,088 Posts
What Kind of Power Levels are you looking for? The New Laminova Intercooler cores are more effecient when compared to the older Tube and Fine cores. The new cores will be safe up to 10psi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dmdicks said:
What Kind of Power Levels are you looking for? The New Laminova Intercooler cores are more effecient when compared to the older Tube and Fine cores. The new cores will be safe up to 10psi.
im looking for 250whp or really close to it. But im leaving the stock exhaust manifold on, i was talking to T.C. and he said the cores in your kits tend to break/are innefficient? what core does he have in his blower anyone know?
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top