Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This took all of 15 minutes to do and It really doesnt do a whole lot for the car but when I have a bottle of water it glows red! lol, I also got those Kia emblems that everyone said not to and my friends girlfriend can airbrush quite well. now it looks exactly the way I wanted them to! but heres some pics of my boredom lol

·
Registered
547 Posts
thats cool. Night pics?

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
How hard is it to get that center console out? I'm going to have to install a wideband and switch panel here soon....

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, it was so easy I couldnt have even pretended to try. theres 6 screws and it comes out. only thing you have to do is pop out that panel under the e brake. pull the ebrake all the way up and out it comes. for the power source I just used the cigarette lighter and then used an existing switch I had in the console for the neons in the footwells. for the LEDS, radioshack. for the holes, a drill. solder, heatshrink, and your done. I'll make a DIY I guess. probably wont be untill later though, I got stuff to do! no opinions on the emblems so far though... interesting

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey man only 31 more days lol. I'll be there before you know it. and also, put your game face on, this tibs gonna get some crazy performance mods when I graduate! something along the lines of turbo kit and new bottom end :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
i did that to my old explorer. just drill out a small hole in the bottom (or the side) of the cupholder and wire in a LED with a power source. you can be creative and make a switch somewhere or even put LEDS in another places.

looks really good at night with water bottles. I had blue ones and purple ones at seperate times and they both looked really nice.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
lol, you do all that and no pics with water bottles?!?

not a fan of the kia emblems personally... kinda like taking off bugati emblems and putting VW emblems on it lol (well maybe not that drastic but you get the point, and i couldnt think of any other examples :))

·
Registered
111 Posts
personally i love the emblems

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Looks great.

To make it a bit cleaner, how about cutting some thin plexi in the shape of the bottom of the cup holder, drilling a hole in the side of it, and placing the LED inside it.

That way, if you wanted to etch something in the plexi (ie: T symbol), it would glow.

It would look like this:
Pic

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I like the LED's and I would definately like a DIY.....

Im not a fan of the eblems, but then again I hate the tuscani T emblems too

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya the emblems are only so-so but its better than the rusting holes that were there. I hated the H and I also cant stand the T so I figured hey as long as it blends in. I have so many confused looks from people who dont know what the car is lol. but ya I that would be cool to do something like that in plexiglass. I might go do that this weekend... or maybe even today if I have the day off.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
**** it , its a hyundai right.....might as well downgrade it to a "kia" :3_saai:

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
it would bother me to put a KIA emblem on my car...but you got them airbrushed...and they loook kinda tight......nice job on the LED's too by the way...no night pics with water bottles?..lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts