Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to turn over 103,000 miles. Just last week I said something about how good its been, no work done at all other than regular maintinance, plus I made that signature you see at the bottom, etc... well...

Today I'm driving along in a non-agressive or offensive manner with my airbag light on like allways and I get my check engine light back. It has came and gone for a while due to my front o2 sensor going out, but now its on solid. Seconds later my BRAKE light turns on along with my battery light. I didn't touch the brake and I'm not doing anything to cause extra draw on the batt, didn't even have the AC on or anything. On top of that I hear a fait whine and start smelling something burning, not oil but more plastic like.

So, just 3K over that magic 100K powertrain warranty, wich probably wouldn't be honored anyway, I've got:

A bad o2 Sensor
A battery that is reading 13.2-5 volts idle, and a bit of AC current... need a new alternator
A power steering pump thats whining badly and burning fluid... need a pump
no idea why my ebrake light poped on and wont go off...

So needless to say I'm a little pissed, just though I'd vent. Looks like I need to trade in ASAP =(

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
MrPhotoman said:
Those don't sound like major repairs, I wouldn't be all that worried about it. Just order the parts from lowsonoma on here and get them cheap.
Lowsonoma is a friend of mine...cool guy...he'll hook ya up! just give em a call!! oh yea...there dealership is the COOLEST!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
replacing those parts would be cheaper than getting another car

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
the brake light is on cause of the alternator also the cause of the battery light, when the alternator is replaced those will go away.
Chase

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I get parts at dealer cost, but we'll see what he can offer...

Thing is tho that I have a feeling I'm going to be getting upside down in it real quick now, I still owe 9k...

Also, I'm signing on a new apartment this week, I don't have any spare money at all right now. Seems like Hyundai has the accuracy of a time bomb, this one went off just right.

Those two parts are not super cheap... I've priced the o2, I can get it for $47 so thats not bad, but I dunno about the rest, signing on something new with 0 down would be cheaper than fixing this one up by far... I wouldn't be getting into anything expensive anyways, so its not like I'd be paying any more.

As for the dealer around here, I think it might be Huffines Hyundai? Thats all I can think of. I can get parts from a friend of mine at Driver Selects cost, but his in-house cost might win. Looking into it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts