Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont kno much about intakes i just kno i want one lol.
idk anythin bout where to get them or what size or price range

id appreciate anyy help.. thnx =]

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive heard of used ones. idk if i want that. and idk where to get filters either lol
im basically useless haha

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but doesnt that one come with a filter? and ive never heard of that company are they good? are there differences in how good they are lol

thankss guyss

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
The piping is ok, cause piping is just piping, but i highly recommend that you buy a good filter.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i love the sound. i dont think i want a cheap one, i did want a brand name and i was thinking $140-250 range.. but if price doesnt make a diff, and id just need to buy a new filter, is that the way to go?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and if i have to cough up more money than that 4 a good one, ill do it.... thats just what i had in mind.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
the piping doesnt really matter, as anyone would tell you. when it comes to piping, you're pretty much just paying for the name. the real thing you gotta watch out for are the filters.

just get an injen sri and call it a day.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
First you have to decide if you want SRI(short ram intake) filter is located in the engine bay on a shorter pipe or you want CAI (cold air intake) where pipe is longer and filter is located behind the front bumper.CAI is better for power increase becuse it sucks more clod air (this helps to burn fuel better) but it's also a bit more expensive than SRI and you risk hydrolocking your engine (becuse filter is closer to the ground there is a chance it sucks water inside the engine and so damaging it).

SRI is a bit cheaper becuse there is shorter pipe, you don't risk hydrolocking but you also get less power from it as it sucks warm air from engine bay and fuel burns worse than if you have CAI.

l have CAI for almost two years now and l didn't hydrolocked my engine and l drive a lot in heavy rain and snow. But it can happen if you drive into feet and a half deep water and filter gets submurged in water.l guess you won't do that lol.

Power gain difference bettwen SRI vs.CAI isn't big so get what ever you think is better for you. Don't be afraid of hydrolocking if you get CAI.

These two things realy are nothing more than pipes, clamps, filter and slicone hoses but when you buy something you don't real buy just a name, with name comes also quality and that costs.

Here is a fujita CAI for you, not that expensive, not cheap, worth every penny. l have it and l had no problems with it.

http://global.ebay.com/FUJITA_COLD_AIR_INTAKE_03-06_HYUNDAI_TIBURON_V6_CA2102/370239406303/item

Other good brands are: lnjen, Aem, K&N. There is probably some more but l can't think of any right now.
Btw you look hot if that is you in your public profile pic :3_coool:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
i have the injen and i love it!

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Don't waste your money on a name brand intake. That's like me handing you pipe and saying pay me $100 cuz my name is on it. Just my .02

1 - 20 of 27 Posts