Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm kinda debating on which new headunit I'm going to buy its between the:

Pioneer DEH-P6800MP http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HNgKIzrMohG/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&tab=features_and_specs&i=130DEHP680 That a friend of mine is willing to sell his used one to me for 200 bucks. Not that good of a deal considering its 220 new on crutchfield.

-Or-

Pioneer DEH-P7800MP http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HNgKIzrMohG/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=130DEHP780 This is like 330 bucks. I really like this one with the full color display and everything.

Any suggestions on which to buy? Thanks.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have last years 7800. Its really cool, lots of things you can do with it. You can even download a little program off Pioneer's website that allows you to upload your own pics to the player. You can make small vids and stuff. Its really cool. I didn't bother to look and see if you can do that with this years model, but I am sure you can.

It allows you to import pics and small movies. You don't get high-rez movies though, so remember that.

Depending on the warranty that you get... I got 3 years over the counter replacement at Futureshop, If you can get something like that, its worth it, otherwise, get something that plays DVDs. Spend the extra 200, if you have it. I should have.

Here is a cool headunit for the car. Word has it you can throw mp3s on DVD disks and play them, along with movies, on this unit!

I am going to purchase this in the future. 70 more bones then you are going to pay for the pioneer unit though.

JVC

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the DEH-P780MP and it has so many features! Its well worth that price...I paid $400 three months ago.....still well worth it

·
Registered
456 Posts
I also have the 7800 and it owns =)

but if your looking for a REALLY nice HU Ill sell you an eclipse cd7000 for 450 =D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts