Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well who has reverse lights that don't work even though they have brand new bulbs?

I do!

I think this is a problem with the manuals. But i'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Mine don't work. You have to buy a new sensor for the tranny. I think it's the one right on top of the transmission. It is a problem with the manual tibbys i do believe. Can anyone clarify i'm talking about the right sensor.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea that's what i thought, i still pass inspection so whatever. Its not really a big deal it was just one of those cases where i was more curious than anything...

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Hyundai wont cover this?? Or sensors are a wearing part and cant be covered??

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Mine didn't work either, so I took it in and Hyundai fixed ...whatever was wrong... under warranty.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
well general swimmerboy doesnt have a warrenty his car is paid for so its a moot point. but i doubt they would hyundai is cheap like that

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
yes mine had the same thing happen so i went out and bought new bulbs put them in and a no go so then i unplugged the sensor and ran a wire from the battery to the plug and had some one check the reverse lights and they were on so i knew the wires were not cut or anything so i just had to go and order a new back up light switch they are around 30 at auto zone lol

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
funk it its not worth $30 not even $10 and i have zero warranty.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Mine didn't work for the longest time lol. Finally I went to the dealer and got the part, I think it was @ $20 and took like 5 min to change out.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Mine didn't work for the longest time lol. Finally I went to the dealer and got the part, I think it was @ $20 and took like 5 min to change out.
Yeah same issue here mine havent work in like 2 years, btw what is the actual part called (reverselight sensor??) also where is it located in the car?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
That's what I told the guy at the parts counter at the dealers (reverse light sensor).
Also, if you have either a CAI or SRI it's really easy to get to and change.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeeep mine dont work. Angers alot of people when they think you're just sitting there and you're car starts backing up!

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
okay i need to order one. my bulbs both went out a week ago. worked last night and dont work anymore ??

i swapped bulbs for 3 dollars still no good.

how much should i be paying for a new sensor ??

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I think it was like twenty something at my dealership but worth it. Especially like was mentioned above about backing up and people not seeing you because of no reverse lights.

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
The ones on my 6-speed worked...they would just stay on for a few seconds to a minute after I shifted out of reverse.. :3_headsha

Sticky sensor....never got it replaced..

1 - 20 of 45 Posts