Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I've read that 03-06 GT V6 CAIs fit on the 07-08 GS but I haven't seen anyone trying an injen 03-06 intake on an 07-08.

Has anyone done this or know if it fits properly? I found someone selling their gently used one for 100 bucks and I would love to buy it lol.

Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I guess I just have to decide whether to buy the weapon R or the fujita.

Would rather have a Fujita from what I've read but Who knows if it will fit...NGM says it will and they actually gave me the best price (combined with shipping to canada). If It doesnt work i guess im out the cost of shippingand can just sell it...
Will injen fit in a 4 cyl 08 Tib? Has anyone tried it? I am wondering which CAI to get for my tin. I was thinking either fujita or injen. but if injen requires hacksaw stuff then i would rather go with a CAI that fits easily.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Will injen fit in a 4 cyl 08 Tib? Has anyone tried it? I am wondering which CAI to get for my tin. I was thinking either fujita or injen. but if injen requires hacksaw stuff then i would rather go with a CAI that fits easily.
Injen fits without any issues.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yea weapon-r is insanely hard to fit. It doesn't line up 100% unless you moved your battery to the trunk. However, if you put a little elbow grease in it should fit fine. But holy crap does it sound mean as all heck. You feel a hair bit of pickup but hear the beast come alive with the gas down. Great sound for an 07 i4.

·
Retired NT Staff
4,119 Posts
I was checking andysautosport website for CAI and saw a DC Sports CAI for 2003 i4. Will it fit my 2007 GS?
AAS's prices are a ripoff. Find it on ebay.

Read the thread, don't just post in it. It covers what will fit and what won't.

03-06 v6 and i4 intakes fit 07-08 Tibs. All info on each brand in contained in this thread.

/spoonfed

·
Registered
112 Posts
So i got the weapon r intake and i couldnt get the first pipe to fit :-( there was just not enought room cuz of the battery... so i used the stock first pastic pipe... and that worked cuz it bends enough to jam everything in... hmm i think im gonna try again, maybe try some different couplings with more flex.. here is a pic of what mine looks like. But i feel like its useless unless i have the double pipe :-( im def gonna try again.. i dont want the plastic pipe... still sounds good tho

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
So i got the weapon r intake and i couldnt get the first pipe to fit :-( there was just not enought room cuz of the battery... so i used the stock first pastic pipe... and that worked cuz it bends enough to jam everything in... hmm i think im gonna try again, maybe try some different couplings with more flex.. here is a pic of what mine looks like. But i feel like its useless unless i have the double pipe :-( im def gonna try again.. i dont want the plastic pipe... still sounds good tho
The Weapon R is a very tight fit. It'll fit, just gotta try, you will have to cram it in there. I had to cram it in there on my 03 with the MAP sensor (basically minus the MAF). Check out the guys with the V6 and the same intake. Its pretty much the same amount of space, i think even the same intake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed my Weapon R a couple of days ago and it was pain trying to fit it correctly behind the battery. I struggled about 30min with the pipes but finally i got it to the right angle and damn that thing sounds great!

·
Registered
361 Posts
thanks to this thread i orderd an intake off of ebay for a 03-05(as it was listed) gt. i replaced the filter with a better one and put it on. the only things i had to do to make it fit properly was unbolt the fuse box. i'm going to upgrade the couplers d/t past experiences with ebay intakes on my old pgt. they tend to harden and crack.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, the Injen V6 03-04 CAI fits my 2008 GS L4, it claims to add 27hp.

Apparently, now there's a CAI made specifically for the 2008 L4 from Injen.

Is that for real? Does the 2008 L4 actually have a custom fit from Injen as the website says? If it actually fits, it claims only an 8hp gain compared to a 27hp gain rfom the 03 V6 CAI.

So my question is: 1. Does the 03-04 actually increase hp by that much? 2. Does the 08 L4 actually have its own CAI like claimed? If it does, and the 27hp gain on the 03-04 is not accurate, im betetr off getting the second one that is an exact fit for the 08 L4.

*couldn't post link because my post count is < 5, if you go to the Injen website and select 2008>Hyundai>Tiburon>L4 you can see what I'm talking about it having supposedly it's own CAI model*

·
Retired NT Staff
4,119 Posts
So, the Injen V6 03-04 CAI fits my 2008 GS L4, it claims to add 27hp.

Apparently, now there's a CAI made specifically for the 2008 L4 from Injen.

Is that for real? Does the 2008 L4 actually have a custom fit from Injen as the website says? If it actually fits, it claims only an 8hp gain compared to a 27hp gain rfom the 03 V6 CAI.

So my question is: 1. Does the 03-04 actually increase hp by that much? 2. Does the 08 L4 actually have its own CAI like claimed? If it does, and the 27hp gain on the 03-04 is not accurate, im betetr off getting the second one that is an exact fit for the 08 L4.

*couldn't post link because my post count is < 5, if you go to the Injen website and select 2008>Hyundai>Tiburon>L4 you can see what I'm talking about it having supposedly it's own CAI model*
Your intake is a lie.

NO intake for a Tiburon will gain 27hp. The Injen probably doesn't even gain 8hp. Maybe 4 if you're lucky.

Intake doesn't matter. The hard pipe for better suction and a good filter. Brand means nothing to a Tiburon. You're getting pretty much no gains no matter what intake you buy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Comment for review when I need it.

Just read the last few comments above me.. Is an intake going to make my car sound a little bit deeper and add about 3-4 hp?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Comment for review when I need it.

Just read the last few comments above me.. Is an intake going to make my car sound a little bit deeper and add about 3-4 hp?
I doubt the intake will make your car sound different. You will hear more air entering the upper intake manifold, so in that respect it will sound different. As for the power gains, 3-4hp might be a little much. The intakes don't really net much hp but are good supporting mods. Also, those hp numbers are crank hp and not wheel horse power.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts