Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anyone that would gladly change my dashboard switches to blue leds for a fee???

and i want to hook neons to those dashboard switches, but i have no clue how to do it, ive read the post about how to do it but i am far from electonically equiped.

is there anyway someone could wire it for me ready to install and then ship it to me and all i would have to do is install the part? of course a fee would be applied

someone help, thanx

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
if you find someone... they wont do it for free... Everyone says its about 6-9hrs worth of work... your best bet is to do it with the door switches (small stuff you can replace for cheap) and then as you do more... you will get confident enuf to do it yourself

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
dude its really really simple.. you can really do this yourself... heres a crash course on a cars electrical system

1. everything is 12 volts
2. You have to have a ground for a circuit to work
3. thats pretty much it

seriously though, if you want to do that then tap off the cigarette lighter as a power source. LEDs dont draw hardly any "power" so theres no risk of blowing a fuse. If you have a cheap-o voltmeter then do this. wire your power source from behind the cigarette lighter. run a power wire to the switch, wherever you decide to put it. then run a wire from the switched side of the switch to each of the LED tubes. then ground them. you can have a common ground or individual grounds, it doesnt matter. and thats it man. its really not that hard.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i am buying the leds from paul j mccain for my vents, and he said he can hook it up to an oem switch to put next to my fog light switch. so i am askin someone if they can make my switch blue led with the stock light as the light indicator? (i need the auburn light as the indicator bcuz the person who did my fog light changed the green to auburn)

of course we will talk bout a price

i also bought a/c controls that someone had already converted to blue leds. some of the numbers and stuff are a lil purplish. is it easy to add more bulbs? or do the bulbs mayb need to be repositioned?

help me out guys yall have been very helpful so far, thank you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.