Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was going to go with a turbo but have been looking at the NGM Assassin Supercharger Kit and thinking about going with tha. so i was looking at getting my cat back and headers is 2.5 inchs big enough this is what i am going to get/

Hyundai Tiburon 2.7L R-Spec Header set
Hyundai Tiburon ARK DT-S Exhaust System / 2.7L they are both 2.5 inchs is this big engouh or should i go bigger

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
i would go with the single 3 inch but thats just me i would look in the fs section there are like 3 or 4 assassins for sale lol

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes 2.5 is what you would want, but if your gonna get an assassin, then you need to save up for a built block, because it will blow eventually, probably sooner rather than later
yea i thought it would just wanted to make sure before i spent them money thanks for the info.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would go with the single 3 inch but thats just me i would look in the fs section there are like 3 or 4 assassins for sale lol
i like my dual cat i hate the sigle no offence to if you have a single just like the dual

will take a look thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it will do but I would honestly look into 2.75-3 inches

p.s Built block ;)
why 2.75 or 3

and i am wanting to get the headers and cat system put on and it might be a while before i get the s/c and i know i will not have a lot of back pressure if i go that big

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
hah no i dont have the single i dont like it im running the obx but iits way to small for fi 2.25

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i am getting the ark headers and cat as of right now does anyone have an opion on something eles or the one i might be getting

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
if you are going to get the bigger supercharger which means you will need a built block you would be better off buying a different car. It would be cheaper and faster.

If you can get a used alpine or sniper to slap on there, that would be better/much cheaper in the long run.

i posted a diy on how to tune without a fuel tuner in another thread in this section if you want to check it out.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
for a sc keep it at 2.5 ... no need to go 3in, even steve (who if his car ever stops braking would be the fastest v6) has 2.5in and hes pushing like 20psi out of the assassin
Actually I was at 27.5 psi at 7600 rpm, but am going back to the 3.1 pulley to bring it back down to 23 psi. Blower get s wayyyy too hot after each pass, the 2.5 inch exhaust has been more than adequate for me so it should be a good working setup for you Ryan. But I'm gonna side with Tim as to the size of the blower(Sniper or Alpine) you'll have a lot less tuning issues and a lot more fun with those two:3_winkthu

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if you are going to get the bigger supercharger which means you will need a built block you would be better off buying a different car. It would be cheaper and faster.

If you can get a used alpine or sniper to slap on there, that would be better/much cheaper in the long run.

i posted a diy on how to tune without a fuel tuner in another thread in this section if you want to check it out.
ok so i will look in to the differences in the two

thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually I was at 27.5 psi at 7600 rpm, but am going back to the 3.1 pulley to bring it back down to 23 psi. Blower get s wayyyy too hot after each pass, the 2.5 inch exhaust has been more than adequate for me so it should be a good working setup for you Ryan. But I'm gonna side with Tim as to the size of the blower(Sniper or Alpine) you'll have a lot less tuning issues and a lot more fun with those two:3_winkthu
That is what i wont less work more fun

thanks

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
Just for once i want to see a dyno sheet on what the appropriate exhaust sizes are for the applications.... I think people chuck around a lot of numbers because they "heard through the grapevine"

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok issue i am having right now is that i am gettin the

03-ON Hyundai Tiburon ARK R-spec header V6/ 6-2-1

Hyundai Tiburon ARK Ti N-II V.2 Dual Exhaust System with the test pipe

but i am taking it to a shop and having it put in and there saying the stock catiliac converter wont fit and they obviously wont let me put on the test pipe will the stock cat work with the setup i am getting so i can drive it out of the shop and take it home

1 - 20 of 34 Posts