Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after walking to my car tonight, I noticed that my antenna was gone! Somebody stole it...
I had bought that custom shorty antenna from r100s, so it was pretty sweet. I remember seeing it this morning, because I like to check my car before I leave, and then when I came back, it wasn't there :(
I'm not really angry, but I'm a little disappointed. I pity the sack of **** that stole it...

·
Registered
639 Posts
im sorry about your loss... you should've put crazy glue on the bottom of antenna like i would.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
what kind of glue did you use....im thinking i might wanna put some on now...lol......and did you just put it on directly...?....and how would you take it off if you needed to......?..lol...sorry for the q's..

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seedweed23 said:
what kind of glue did you use....im thinking i might wanna put some on now...lol......and did you just put it on directly...?....and how would you take it off if you needed to......?..lol...sorry for the q's..
He said if he would, so I think it means he hasn't done it. I think I'm just going to have to unscrew my next antenna off everytime I park, since I don't want to glue it :\

but thanks cobby.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
HaHaHeHeLoLz said:
He said if he would, so I think it means he hasn't done it. I think I'm just going to have to unscrew my next antenna off everytime I park, since I don't want to glue it :\

but thanks cobby.
i would do that....but im afraid someone might pout something like gum in the little hole left by the antenna....lol.l..just because people are generally like that....

edit, not all people though..lo.l.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
hey...it could happen...lol..if someone is lame enough to jack a car antenna...there's probably people out there even worse to stick something in there...lol....i saw an s2000 with gum and $hit stuck in ther....lol.....

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
staw512 said:
i guarentee you if he had red outs, they woulda left his car alone, lol
you should really tattoo the word vinyl on your forehead or something....lol...j/k

·
Registered
792 Posts
i glued mine on after getting jacked about 3x or so. I just used crazy glue.... idk how you would get it off, but ithen again, why would you wanna take it off?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
:.peter.: said:
i glued mine on after getting jacked about 3x or so. I just used crazy glue.... idk how you would get it off, but ithen again, why would you wanna take it off?
you could probably get it off with a small strap wrench if you had to

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
go to pepboys and get a small tube of BLUE loctite... if you want something more permanent you can use RED loctite if you never plan on taking off the antenna.

basically you put the loctite on the threads, and it locks the bolt (antenna) into place.

it only costs a couple bucks. and you dont have access to an automotive shop a place like osh, or home depot should have it as well.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
red loctite would be serious overkill,

that thing would never come off again unless you practically melted it off

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
MoogLe said:
red loctite would be serious overkill,

that thing would never come off again unless you practically melted it off
well is there a reason you would ever want to remove your shorty antenna after you put it on?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Kalian said:
well is there a reason you would ever want to remove your shorty antenna after you put it on?

well i donno, maybe if it broke or whatever, just having the option is still valuable to me... but that's just me

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i would still wanna take it off. I took mine off awhile ago cause i got tired of the reception so i went back with the stock Antenna and my silver Ark antenna just sits in my room

·
Registered
122 Posts
05Tib said:
i would still wanna take it off. I took mine off awhile ago cause i got tired of the reception so i went back with the stock Antenna and my silver Ark antenna just sits in my room
Well because compared to S2K...Ark sux.....IMO
Kalian said:
I don't see 1.....I have a guy on my Team that super glued his & the only reason he wanted to take it of was because between cds & IPod, he doesn't listen to the radio

I will be super glueing mine & my girls here TONIGHT SON!!! :3_winkthu

1 - 20 of 28 Posts