Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals. I hope this is the correct place to post this. Someone broke off my passengers side rearview mirror. It is snapped where the junction is that allows it to fold in. Now, I just happen to have a passengers side door from a junkyard from a previous issue, that has the mirror on intact. Soooo I basically need to take off the broken one and install the working one. Does anyone have any idea how you would remove the old rearview mirror assembly?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Hey guys and gals. I hope this is the correct place to post this. Someone broke off my passengers side rearview mirror. It is snapped where the junction is that allows it to fold in. Now, I just happen to have a passengers side door from a junkyard from a previous issue, that has the mirror on intact. Soooo I basically need to take off the broken one and install the working one. Does anyone have any idea how you would remove the old rearview mirror assembly?

Thanks!!!
Pull the cap off of the outside.

Undo two bolts.

There ya go.

If I were you, I'd get the motorized ones at this time :D (if you needed an excuse to spend 300 lol)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Duh, sorry ya not my rearview, my passengers side mirror.

Ok, so your saying that piece surrounded by the black gasket is a cap that I can just pull off? Not at home right now to look, sorry.

That is a huge relief that I would only have to do that. I thought I would have to take the interior door pannel off and remove it that way.

Thanks for the response!

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
What luck that it isn't the driver's side.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts

Undo two bolts.

There ya go.

If I were you, I'd get the motorized ones at this time :D (if you needed an excuse to spend 300 lol)
i could never justify spending $300 on such a useless mod lol

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Uh, they look cool. Duh.
Duh! If you install those and then buy that $60 thing to close your moonroof when you get out of the car, it will look like a transformer! :3_smiliec

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the help, just got around to swapping the mirrors out the other day, and seriously took me maybe 10 minutes from start to finish.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts

Undo two bolts.

There ya go.

i got an 04, and there are 3 bolts on mine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts